The Eye of Anubis: Book Twelve

Online roleplaying at the Café
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Post by Nathan of the FoS »

Charles shrugs slightly. No-one goes into military intelligence for the glory of it; spies are more or less always unsung heroes, unless they get caught--when they are allowed to be heroes at all.

"For my part, I don't sing," he says. "Is there anything else, Your Grace?"
[b]FEAR JUSTICE.[/b] :elena:
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by NeoTiamat »

Leon Cemetery, Port-a-Lucine, Dementlieu
September 23rd, 761, 5:08 PM; Day 184 of the Menetnashte Expedition

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

"There is one thing, yes." Count von Lovenhorst took out a little box from a coat pocket. "It would be proper for Lord de Casteele to give this to you personally, Professor Theroux, but I fear he is still in ill health following the mage's duel with the Foreigner Mage. I hear the duel ended when the Foreigner Mage crumbled to sand about a half hour after the duel began. Quite a curious end to the duel, I must say."

"Still, I fear that Lord de Casteele may well be forced to retire for reasons of health." The Count said. "Which would leave opportunities for bright young sparks to rise up. A pity Ambassador Vedarrak is not part of the faculty, he gave a most credible showing in the recent events. As did you, Professor Theroux."

The box opened up, revealing within it an onyx ring of a serpent biting its tail. Such a simple little thing laden with so much meaning.

"Welcome back, Theroux." The Father of the Fraternity said with a gentle smile. "Try not to lose this one."
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
DocBeard
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by DocBeard »

Part of Tomas rages at this, his fury such that he's tempted, sorely tempted to strike the old man in half, call down the full fury of the storm in his heart and show these foppish, arrogant men once and for all that they are but mortal-that they cannot do these terrible things unopposed.

Another part of Tomas, that has been trying to come to terms with a recent revelation and even prepare himself for forthcoming responsibilities, presents a simple counter argument.

"I hope he'll be a beneficent influence." Eisenwald speaks crisply, giving Andre a carefully neutral look. He's trying to say that he isn't going to judge Andre one way or another-that he trusts the man to remain reformed, even in old company.
yalenusveler
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by yalenusveler »

Andre took the ring, and slipped it on. "Hopefully, your grace, I won't run into anymore particularly irked manifestations of the dream plane. But I thank you. I trust Lord De Casteele is being treated by the finest?" Andre said, inwardly almost disgusted at how right the ring felt on his finger. Certain things, no matter their morality felt right because they were familiar. Andre unfortunately, was familiar with far too many things that were most assuredly not right.
"Sometimes, Mr.Liquor cabinet is my only friend"
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Rock of the Fraternity »

Lia regards the little ceremony with a raised eyebrow -- perhaps fortunately hidden behind her new mask -- and shrugs. "Is that all, your grace?" she asks again.
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by NeoTiamat »

Leon Cemetery, Port-a-Lucine, Dementlieu
September 23rd, 761, 5:12 PM; Day 184 of the Menetnashte Expedition

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

"I believe the medical faculty of the University is helping wherever they can, Professor." Count von Lovenhorst said, then turned to Lia, shaking his head gently. "And yes, Mournswaithe, now my task is complete."

"It's a curious world, isn't it? You've saved the lives of, at minimum, several hundred people over the last few months. Lives, and in some cases souls." Von Lovenhorst stopped to take off his spectacles, cleaning them on a white cloth. "And yet, what will ultimately change the most lives by far are a single bullet from M. Benoit's gun and a swordthrust from Sir Dzemianovitch's blade."

"On such little things the world turns." Count von Lovenhorst said, then turned to leave. The Father of the Fraternity looked back over his shoulder at you. "Good luck on your journeys. I expect I shall be following your future careers most closely."
        • The End
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing