Realms of Dread OOC

Online roleplaying at the Café
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

Ah ha! I just spotted something! Live by the laws, die by the laws...
Laws of Cormyr

1 All persons entering Cormyr must register with the officials of a border garrison.
2 Foreign currency can only be used in certain locations. Please exchange your coins for Cormyrean golden lions at your first opportunity.
3 Adventurers must acquire a charter before undertaking any operation as a group. All weapons must be peace-bonded. The only persons exempt from this law are members of chartered adventuring groups and members of mercenary groups that can offer proof of employment.
4 Harming cats is forbidden.
5 Bow your head to royalty and the local nobility.
6 Purple Dragons have the right to search you upon request.
7 Hunting on private land is forbidden.
So, number 6 is the interesting one, on an exception proves the rule front. Purple Dragons have the right to search me on request. Thus we can deduce that other people don't. Is that Bailiff a Purple Dragon? I don't think so!
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

kintire wrote:Ah ha! I just spotted something! Live by the laws, die by the laws...
Laws of Cormyr

1 All persons entering Cormyr must register with the officials of a border garrison.
2 Foreign currency can only be used in certain locations. Please exchange your coins for Cormyrean golden lions at your first opportunity.
3 Adventurers must acquire a charter before undertaking any operation as a group. All weapons must be peace-bonded. The only persons exempt from this law are members of chartered adventuring groups and members of mercenary groups that can offer proof of employment.
4 Harming cats is forbidden.
5 Bow your head to royalty and the local nobility.
6 Purple Dragons have the right to search you upon request.
7 Hunting on private land is forbidden.
So, number 6 is the interesting one, on an exception proves the rule front. Purple Dragons have the right to search me on request. Thus we can deduce that other people don't. Is that Bailiff a Purple Dragon? I don't think so!
Not quite. The Bailiff is the duly-appointed representative of the Proprietor of Shamran Isle [Fishgut Rock] and of the Baron of Marsember- those two being the same person: Lord Hintar Ildool. :twisted:

Good try, though.
Legally, Shana was definitely in the wrong. Morally? That's a seperate question. That, she'll have to answer for herself.

Those posted 'Laws of Cormyr' aren't the entirety of the law, of course. They are just the basic laws that apply across the realm. There are many other laws. Some localities have stricter laws in certain areas.

A side note of no real importance:
Cormyr punishes piracy with the removal of one hand for the first offense and death for the second. Just a tidbit from Pirates of the Fallen Stars. :D
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

Not quite. The Bailiff is the duly-appointed representative of the Proprietor of Shamran Isle [Fishgut Rock] and of the Baron of Marsember- those two being the same person: Lord Hintar Ildool
Smacks of weasily backtracking to me! :p
Cormyr punishes piracy with the removal of one hand for the first offense and death for the second. Just a tidbit from Pirates of the Fallen Stars.
That's oddly lenient
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

kintire wrote:
Not quite. The Bailiff is the duly-appointed representative of the Proprietor of Shamran Isle [Fishgut Rock] and of the Baron of Marsember- those two being the same person: Lord Hintar Ildool
Smacks of weasily backtracking to me! :p
Cormyr punishes piracy with the removal of one hand for the first offense and death for the second. Just a tidbit from Pirates of the Fallen Stars.
That's oddly lenient
If the party had bothered to, I dunno, thoroughly investigate Fishgut Rock, Lord Ildool, or Delthrin before just busting into the necromancer's house and whacking him.....

:shock: :wink: :twisted:

Well, it's sometimes more interesting and fun when PCs go off half-cocked and try crazy stuff without getting all the info first.
This is way cooler than if you guys had behaved as I'd predicted: a through investigation before taking any sort of direct action.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

Ken of Ghastria
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by Ken of Ghastria »

Yeah, I don't think Shana and Blaise are out of the woods yet.... :x
"There are three rules for writing a novel. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."
--W. Somerset Maugham
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Ken of Ghastria wrote:Yeah, I don't think Shana and Blaise are out of the woods yet.... :x
Indeed.

Still, you have managed to at least delay the trial.

steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

ewan, Balzar isn't trying to threaten the men, only stating the facts concerning the situation. He doesn't want trouble only to help Jamethon. He isn't trying to brag either, just letting the men know he could be trouble if they get any funny ideas. He kind of likes the priest but thinks he should eat more LOL!
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

Well, it's sometimes more interesting and fun when PCs go off half-cocked and try crazy stuff without getting all the info first.
This is way cooler than if you guys had behaved as I'd predicted: a through investigation before taking any sort of direct action.
Lack of investigation was not the problem, and you know it!
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

kintire wrote:
Lack of investigation was not the problem, and you know it!
What would you expect from a Priestess of Lathander? Just let Delthrin go about his Necromantic business? Of course she did break the law but what she did was right, though as ewan says, half cocked was the plan. And I think many more surprises are in store from our evil mastermind of a DM :P
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

A little more investigation would have made things easier on the party, most likely. There are a few things you didn't know...in fact, a few tidbits you still don't know, that might have really changed your plans. Or maybe not, who knows?

Of course, I expected that the party would go after Delthrin at some point. Everyone seemed to assume that he was guilty of something or other pretty serious. I was mildly surprised that three PCs would go off on their own and confront him with no arrangements made for backup. Lucky for y'all Threan decided to stay behind and spy on the warehouse- otherwise no rescue party would have ever arrived! :wink:

steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

''Don't know how she did it, but Rardi has escaped. ''
YEAH BABY! Uh how tha hell is Rardi going to get back to Okarthu safely?

Then again, Ironheart seems to have matters well in hand heehheheheh!
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

tarlyn wrote:

''Don't know how she did it, but Rardi has escaped. ''
YEAH BABY! Uh how tha hell is Rardi going to get back to Okarthu safely?

Then again, Ironheart seems to have matters well in hand heehheheheh!
Ironheart would probably kill everyone in the jail but Ino and Rask, at the drop of a hat. Last time, they had him at a severe tactical disadvantage. A rematch might not go so well for the bailiff and his men.

Archedius
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Archedius »

omg hi 8)
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

Everyone seemed to assume that he was guilty of something or other pretty serious.
It wasn't really an assumption...
I was mildly surprised that three PCs would go off on their own and confront him with no arrangements made for backup.
Yes, I did think that was a bit... enthusiastic...
Lucky for y'all Threan decided to stay behind and spy on the warehouse- otherwise no rescue party would have ever arrived!
Actually, the only luck was bad. Although well intentioned and probably the right thing to do, the rescue party was a complete fiasco. It contributed nothing whatever to the first group, who actually had the situation completely under control. The only effect the rescue party had was to transport Threan to the point where he could betray the group, and turn what had actually been a highly successful mission into a disaster. THAT was the problem: trusting Threan. Reconnaissance might have been wise, but as it turned out did not matter.
Lord Skybolt
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Skybolt »

Hi Archi, how yaa been doing ? 8)
"Evil only endures when good people remain silent ."
Tony inspired by Thomas Jefferson .