Mists over the Musarde, Chapter Four

Online roleplaying at the Café
Brock Marsh Runoff
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Brock Marsh Runoff »

"For Gundarak!" he shouts as he sees the bolt, blessed by the Morninglord and smeared with murderous poison, fly through Wolutha. And as she and her guards fade from this plane, he gives a dry, half-mad cackle.
Jon wrote:"No matter how scared I got, I didn't let the beast out."
The priest hoists Jon onto his shoulder, "We should all be so lucky." He drags Jon to where Wat lies, and then produces his healing kit and begins attending to their wounds.
"You said I killed you--haunt me, then!...Be with me always--take any form--drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!” -Wuthering Heights
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

The party takes the time to conduct a very thorough search of the ruins, but finds no sign of either Wolutha's remains [perhaps long since decayed to dust, or buried in some secret grave, will they ever know?] or of Gaston Van Diecks, be he dead or alive. Norzak does find a hidden compartment in the floor of Wolutha's old bedchamber, in which rests a heavy wooden box with verdigrised bronze reinforcing bands holding the dry rotted panels together.

Wat has recovered enough to walk and talk, thanks to Dorgio's healing, magical and mundane.

The woodsman now motions towards the open gate.

''Belike She will trouble us no more. The dwarf's bolt has given her a second death. Friends, let us not remain here. I am weary, and I would rather sleep in my own cabin than in any part of this unwholesome ruin. Will you not come with me?''

END OF CHAPTER FOUR
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)