The Shattered City: OOC

Online roleplaying at the Café
User avatar
Cronax
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 456
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:52 pm
Location: Southern California

Post by Cronax »

so keep us informed as to exactly what your Shield or Intellect Fortress does, or how your Mark works. Alright?
K,

Intellect Fortress - as an immediate interrupt to being hit, Agale gains a +4 to a single defense of his choice until the end of his next turn.
"In normal times, evil would be fought by good. But in times like these, it must be fought by a different kind of evil."
User avatar
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 4119
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:00 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, USA

Post by NeoTiamat »

Excellent, but include that in the main thread.

Also, I do believe that's everyone, so I'll start working on a combat post as paper-writing permits.
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
User avatar
Isabella
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1859
Joined: Mon May 30, 2005 12:54 am

Post by Isabella »

Kaitou Kage wrote:HAY LITTLE BROTHER

How come I have more HP than you when you're my sodding bodyguard?
Nathan, we did some math - doublecheck your HP. :P
"No, but evil is still being — Is having reason — Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
User avatar
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer
Posts: 5247
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2003 3:39 pm
Location: San Francisco CA

Post by Nathan of the FoS »

Kaitou Kage wrote:HAY LITTLE BROTHER

How come I have more HP than you when you're my sodding bodyguard?
CUZ I BELIEVED ST00PID WEBSIGHT

It should be 60 HP (15+15+(5*6)).
[b]FEAR JUSTICE.[/b] :elena:
User avatar
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 4119
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:00 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, USA

Post by NeoTiamat »

Before anyone starts screaming about damage numbers, be aware that most of the creatures just used up the majority of their Encounter and high-Recharge abilities.

We had to get your attention somehow, didn't we?
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
User avatar
Kaitou Kage
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2115
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:53 am
Location: Here and there
Contact:

Post by Kaitou Kage »

Just a reminder that you roll a saving throw (a straight 1d20) at the end of your turn against every effect that a save can end. On a 10-20 you succeed and the effect ends.

So for those of you that have the vulnerable 5 psychic (save ends) and the ongoing 5 (save ends), you roll TWO saving throws, one against the vulnerable 5 and one against the ongoing 5.
User avatar
Kaitou Kage
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2115
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:53 am
Location: Here and there
Contact:

Post by Kaitou Kage »

Oh, one other thing. Neo confirmed with me that open doors do block line of sight so if you're in a room try to maneuver so only one light can see you. It will dramatically cut down on the number of chances to hit you. One at a time, one at a time. It might be slower but it's steadier and less deadly ;)
User avatar
DocBeard
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2165
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:35 pm

Post by DocBeard »

Kage I need you to stop hiding behind your brother and get some of these turrets down this round, we can't take another round of crits. Seriously, dude, a whole round on full defense when you got initiative?!


Kerrian, Nick, can I count on you guys for healing this round or do I need to play Leader too? I can do either but it'll decide what I do when I spend my action point.

PS: When can everyone be online at the same time? I'm calling a player meeting ASAP.
User avatar
Kaitou Kage
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2115
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:53 am
Location: Here and there
Contact:

Post by Kaitou Kage »

DocBeard wrote:Kage I need you to stop hiding behind your brother and get some of these turrets down this round, we can't take another round of crits. Seriously, dude, a whole round on full defense when you got initiative?!
It suits the character. Stop freaking out. Things are fine.
User avatar
Cronax
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 456
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:52 pm
Location: Southern California

Post by Cronax »

The best advantage we have going is that the lights don't appear to be mobile. The more we can stay out of their line of fire, the better. That being said, we need to figure out what our goals are in this battle.

#1 is stay alive.
#2 is to put Cedolin out of his misery
#3 is to gather any other evidence we can and escape.

The lack of mirrors in the Darkon room (I guess Azalin doesn't want people realizing how many Kargat vamps are running around) makes it a logical fall back position once we've cleared out those two turrets.

Also, remember that everyone has an action point which can be spent to gain an extra standard action.

On a side notes, did either of the lights make an opportunity attack when Richard rushed by? And what was the size of the bursts those turrets used?
"In normal times, evil would be fought by good. But in times like these, it must be fought by a different kind of evil."
User avatar
Isabella
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1859
Joined: Mon May 30, 2005 12:54 am

Post by Isabella »

1) They did not; Richard was shifting.

2) Area burst 2
"No, but evil is still being — Is having reason — Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
User avatar
DocBeard
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2165
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:35 pm

Post by DocBeard »

I'd like to try and recover Celodin, but I dunno if that's possible. He hasn't been dominated...I'm not sure WHAT happened to him, though the attack type suggests he's some kind of foulspawn now.

If I set off a burst attack, does that travel through the transfer squares? I ask because I have a few and if I can hit a bunch of turrets at once, well.
User avatar
Kaitou Kage
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2115
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:53 am
Location: Here and there
Contact:

Post by Kaitou Kage »

He got thrown into the TV. This is his dark side. We'll find his real self dead and hanging upside-down from a tall pole at some point.
User avatar
Isabella
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1859
Joined: Mon May 30, 2005 12:54 am

Post by Isabella »

Kerrian, your spirit hound is between you and Celeste. It is represented by a grey dot.

If there is no grey dot there, it is due to Photobucket being a petty little strumpet.
"No, but evil is still being — Is having reason — Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
User avatar
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer
Posts: 5247
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2003 3:39 pm
Location: San Francisco CA

Post by Nathan of the FoS »

Isabella wrote:If there is no grey dot there, it is due to Photobucket being a petty little strumpet.
*chortle*

Fixed damage btw. :( Channeling Shield is not quite as awesome as I thought.

Although really it's still pretty awesome.
[b]FEAR JUSTICE.[/b] :elena:
Post Reply