The Shattered City: OOC

Online roleplaying at the Café
User avatar
DocBeard
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2165
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:35 pm

Post by DocBeard »

Actually, that's solid thinking. Celodin can teleport to us but the turrets won't be backing him up. Good thought, Rock.

Any objections?
User avatar
Cronax
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 456
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:52 pm
Location: Southern California

Post by Cronax »

Doc, I think your best option is to simply Second Wind, Lay on Hands yourself, then step into the mist. Neo and Isa's last ruling seems to indicate that your Majestic Halo would work through the mist to mark Cedolin and 2 of the turrets.

The spreading mist means that if we stay in the side rooms for too long, all the turrets will be able to fire on us.
"In normal times, evil would be fought by good. But in times like these, it must be fought by a different kind of evil."
User avatar
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 6808
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:16 pm

Post by Rock of the Fraternity »

Wherever we go, the turrets are soon going to be able to fire on us. We need to pick our own place to stand and fight, or else we need to knock out the turrets and/or Cedolin. If we can reliably assume Cedolin is the source of it all, it's him. If not him, it's all the turrets - and that will take time to do.

Possibly, it may be the mirror, although this is pure conjecture.

In any case, pick a place where we can gather where we won't be immediate targets. That means not the hallway.
Welcome to my webcomic, Sarcantasy.
You can read it here:

Comicfury; Tapas; Webtoon

Come drop by and leave a comment; you'll make my day.
User avatar
yalenusveler
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1266
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:44 pm
Location: Pennsylvania...or Baator

Post by yalenusveler »

I think Celeste has the best chance of actually being able to get to me and get me healed up without drawing an obscenity of AoO's. What's her heal modifier like whistler?
"Sometimes, Mr.Liquor cabinet is my only friend"
User avatar
The Whistler
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1454
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:38 pm
Location: Southshore

Post by The Whistler »

Only +3, unfortunately. I can still try for it, if you'd like--let me know.

Also, thanks for the kind words, everyone. Celeste is fun to fight with. :)
User avatar
yalenusveler
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1266
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:44 pm
Location: Pennsylvania...or Baator

Post by yalenusveler »

I'll take it from anyone who can manage at this point. There's even action points so you can blast Cedolin on the way to being my salvation!
"Sometimes, Mr.Liquor cabinet is my only friend"
User avatar
The Whistler
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1454
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:38 pm
Location: Southshore

Post by The Whistler »

I'll do that, then! Are action points are regained more or less after each encounter, in the system we're using? (not sure what counts as an extended rest and what doesn't)
User avatar
yalenusveler
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1266
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:44 pm
Location: Pennsylvania...or Baator

Post by yalenusveler »

I can then use my spirit woogie to give you more healing. Also, because i went unconscious, hound went away.
"Sometimes, Mr.Liquor cabinet is my only friend"
User avatar
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 4119
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:00 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, USA

Post by NeoTiamat »

The Whistler wrote:I'll do that, then! Are action points are regained more or less after each encounter, in the system we're using? (not sure what counts as an extended rest and what doesn't)
They're regained at the end of the Book, unless we end up dealing with Milestones and such (not likely).
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
User avatar
DocBeard
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2165
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:35 pm

Post by DocBeard »

Huh, I thought it didn't work like that Cronax. That's why I peeled off in the first place. I'll do that then.
User avatar
yalenusveler
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1266
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:44 pm
Location: Pennsylvania...or Baator

Post by yalenusveler »

Whistler, just had a thought. Instead of blasting Cedolin again, there's always the possibility of using the action point for another move action to get out of the line of fire of the 4 turrets in the hallway. It might be a safer bet.
"Sometimes, Mr.Liquor cabinet is my only friend"
User avatar
The Whistler
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1454
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:38 pm
Location: Southshore

Post by The Whistler »

Yeah, with 21 HP, I don't want to risk staying out in the open for too long. I'll heal you up and pop into the Kartakan room, then blast Cedolin if necessary next round once he comes out. I'll post within the hour so you can do something besides dying. :-)
User avatar
The Whistler
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1454
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:38 pm
Location: Southshore

Post by The Whistler »

Aaaaand I got a six on my Heal check. Change of plans, anyone?
User avatar
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 4119
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:00 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, USA

Post by NeoTiamat »

Alright, I know people have been complaining about the dice rollers, so I rooted around the internet and found two new dice rollers which you can use.

Red Dragon Inn: http://www.rdinn.com/dice_roller.php

Secure Dice: http://www.rpglibrary.org/software/securedice/
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
User avatar
yalenusveler
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1266
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:44 pm
Location: Pennsylvania...or Baator

Post by yalenusveler »

Help me Nicolas, you're my only hope?
"Sometimes, Mr.Liquor cabinet is my only friend"
Post Reply