The Shattered City: OOC

Online roleplaying at the Café
User avatar
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 6808
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:16 pm

Post by Rock of the Fraternity »

How about pushing it on top of Poincare?
Welcome to my webcomic, Sarcantasy.
You can read it here:

Comicfury; Tapas; Webtoon

Come drop by and leave a comment; you'll make my day.
User avatar
The Whistler
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1454
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:38 pm
Location: Southshore

Post by The Whistler »

Is that actually a rules-legal thing to do? Because if it is, it is definitely happening. So hard.
User avatar
Cronax
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 456
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:52 pm
Location: Southern California

Post by Cronax »

No dice there. Only tiny creatures can end their movement in another creature's space. Also, keep in mind that restrained targets are not only immobilized, but immune to forced movement while the effect persists.

Is the Dr. still prone? her actions mention standing, but she's still listed as such.
"In normal times, evil would be fought by good. But in times like these, it must be fought by a different kind of evil."
User avatar
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 6808
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:16 pm

Post by Rock of the Fraternity »

I hope she's standing, because if she's still prone, I missed her on that last attack. o_o
Welcome to my webcomic, Sarcantasy.
You can read it here:

Comicfury; Tapas; Webtoon

Come drop by and leave a comment; you'll make my day.
User avatar
Kaitou Kage
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2115
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:53 am
Location: Here and there
Contact:

Post by Kaitou Kage »

As before, Whistler, Cyrus benefits most from being in melee. He has one ranged attack and it's a reasonable one but not as good as his other powers.
User avatar
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 4119
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:00 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, USA

Post by NeoTiamat »

Blame it on the DM being sleep-deprived and hurrying the post.

Poincare is standing, she is not prone. Rock, is the Force Orb a high range spell?

The Weird's save I did not roll, I shall do so now: 15. So it saves.

Also, note that if you're restrained, then Nicolas can't slide you guys around, Cronax is right there.

Anything else I've forgotten? (Also, everyone, do me a favor and finish your posts *before* 9:30 PM EST, to avoid this kind of hurried rush to post again)
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
User avatar
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 6808
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:16 pm

Post by Rock of the Fraternity »

Force Orb has a range of 20; I checked before casting. And the WW and Poincare are within 20 squares of where Lia is. Aren't they ...? o_o
Welcome to my webcomic, Sarcantasy.
You can read it here:

Comicfury; Tapas; Webtoon

Come drop by and leave a comment; you'll make my day.
User avatar
Cronax
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 456
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:52 pm
Location: Southern California

Post by Cronax »

You forgot to have the Water Weird slip on the ice.
"In normal times, evil would be fought by good. But in times like these, it must be fought by a different kind of evil."
User avatar
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 6808
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:16 pm

Post by Rock of the Fraternity »

Cronax wrote:You forgot to have the Water Weird slip on the ice.
Why I do believe that is the quote of the day! :D
Welcome to my webcomic, Sarcantasy.
You can read it here:

Comicfury; Tapas; Webtoon

Come drop by and leave a comment; you'll make my day.
User avatar
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 4119
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:00 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, USA

Post by NeoTiamat »

Cronax wrote:You forgot to have the Water Weird slip on the ice.
It's got Ice Walk, being an elemental exemplar of ice and water.
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
User avatar
Nerit
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 637
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:22 am
Location: The Eternal Autumn
Contact:

Post by Nerit »

NeoTiamat wrote:(Also, everyone, do me a favor and finish your posts *before* 9:30 PM EST, to avoid this kind of hurried rush to post again)
That's really hard to do on Tuesdays when I'm in class a solid block of 2:30-6:30pm PST.
Petroselinum, salvia, ros marinus, et thymus.
Nuray Solak
User avatar
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 4119
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:00 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, USA

Post by NeoTiamat »

Bother. Well, worst comes to worst I'll just post tomorrow morning or something.
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
User avatar
lostboy
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1795
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:12 am
Location: Biding my time...

Post by lostboy »

Neo if I messed the mechanics on any of that post up feel free to amend the effects. I *think* I get how what I just did all works but bear with me if it wasn't right.

Doc - hope you dont mind but I moved you towards the bad guys...

Nerit - as requested you may flee further if you wish... :wink:

I also chucked poincaire towards Cyrus & Darius which cant be bad....
"I had a dream, which was not all a dream.
The bright sun was extinguish'd, and the stars
Did wander darkling in the eternal space..."
User avatar
DocBeard
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2165
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:35 pm

Post by DocBeard »

Its fine. I won't be able to post until tonight after class, though.
"Is there anything keeping us from checking that place out tonight?" Besides sanity, naturally.
User avatar
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 4119
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:00 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, USA

Post by NeoTiamat »

lostboy wrote:Neo if I messed the mechanics on any of that post up feel free to amend the effects. I *think* I get how what I just did all works but bear with me if it wasn't right.
Just re-read the power and positioning, and there is a mistake. Specifically, you're trying to use a Push power to bring Poincare closer.

There's three kinds of movement powers:

Slide - move any which way you like
Pull - move any which way you like, so long as each square is closer to you than the previous one
Pull - move any which way you like, so long as each square is farther away from you than the previous one

So while you could push Poincare back two squares, you can't push her up two squares. Pushing her seems like it would be a tad counter-intuitive right now, so unless you let me know otherwise, I'll just leave her where she is.
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
Post Reply