The Shattered City: OOC

Online roleplaying at the Café
User avatar
Nerit
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 637
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:22 am
Location: The Eternal Autumn
Contact:

Post by Nerit »

Now that I think of it, a graveyard might be better in daylight hours, so morning for that. Streambed we can investigate tonight?
Petroselinum, salvia, ros marinus, et thymus.
Nuray Solak
User avatar
lostboy
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1795
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:12 am
Location: Biding my time...

Post by lostboy »

Just a heads up that I'll be away Thursday to Sunday as heading to Cornwall for some surf and drinking related fun. I'll be able to post sporadically although my phone does have a nasty habit of double posting here for some reason.
"I had a dream, which was not all a dream.
The bright sun was extinguish'd, and the stars
Did wander darkling in the eternal space..."
User avatar
Nerit
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 637
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:22 am
Location: The Eternal Autumn
Contact:

Post by Nerit »

So, for all those curious (no one): the past few representations have been showing Nerit in green after I kept describing her in white. Well, I found a passage dictating she wear green! So, you were right and I was wrong ;). Luckily green is my favorite color!
When attending services, lay worshipers are expected to dress entirely in white, while clergy don ceremonial robes of green with white trim; the wider the visible trim, the higher the anchorite’s position within the church. Anchorites are not required to don priestly vestments unless performing ceremonies, though many often do.
Anyway, all it means is an arbitrary adjective change :D. *Scuttles off.*
Petroselinum, salvia, ros marinus, et thymus.
Nuray Solak
User avatar
Kaitou Kage
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2115
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:53 am
Location: Here and there
Contact:

Post by Kaitou Kage »

I am back from vacation! And from hanging out with Nerit and Nathan! Good times all around! And now I have to figure out what's been going on so I can post.
User avatar
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 6808
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:16 pm

Post by Rock of the Fraternity »

Good to have you back, and I hope you had fun. ^^ We've struck ghost while investigating the riverbank - a non-hostile ghost, so far.
Welcome to my webcomic, Sarcantasy.
You can read it here:

Comicfury; Tapas; Webtoon

Come drop by and leave a comment; you'll make my day.
User avatar
DocBeard
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2165
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:35 pm

Post by DocBeard »

Honestly its not like clerical orders don't mix things up for identification purposes. Green would be a bit easier to wear while traveling though, I admit.
"Is there anything keeping us from checking that place out tonight?" Besides sanity, naturally.
User avatar
The Whistler
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1454
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:38 pm
Location: Southshore

Post by The Whistler »

Rock wrote:Good to have you back, and I hope you had fun. ^^ We've struck ghost while investigating the riverbank - a non-hostile ghost, so far.
Can I please induct "struck ghost" into English language conventional usage, somehow?

"...There's ghost in them thar hills!"
User avatar
Cronax
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 456
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:52 pm
Location: Southern California

Post by Cronax »

Candygram.
"In normal times, evil would be fought by good. But in times like these, it must be fought by a different kind of evil."
User avatar
yalenusveler
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1266
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:44 pm
Location: Pennsylvania...or Baator

Post by yalenusveler »

Just a heads up. I've got a plot meeting tonight (Thursday) through Sunday afternoon. I've got internet access, so I should be posting, but it might not be until around 12 or 1am EST.
"Sometimes, Mr.Liquor cabinet is my only friend"
User avatar
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 4119
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:00 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, USA

Post by NeoTiamat »

For general information:

I only consider actions Readied until your next post. If you wish to maintain a Readied action beyond the next post, then you need to restate in red-text and such that you are Readying an Action (again).

The rationale for this is that maintaining the kind of keyed up fever-pitch necessary to hit things immediately is not something you can do for very long. Also, I don't want to look through six pages of thread in order to find an action you readied last week.
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
User avatar
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 4119
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:00 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, USA

Post by NeoTiamat »

Quick poll: For reasons of clarity, I like to give each group in the combats it's own color. I've got a question for you. Which of the following colors do you guys like, and which hurt your eyes / you can't see?

Dark Red

Red

Orange

Brown

Yellow

Green

Olive

Cyan

Blue

Dark Blue

Indigo

Violet
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
User avatar
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer
Posts: 5247
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2003 3:39 pm
Location: San Francisco CA

Post by Nathan of the FoS »

Dark red, blue, and indigo would be tiresome with the skin I'm using. Dark blue and brown aren't super-great either. Yellow shows up well, but I doubt I would enjoy reading a whole post in that color.

Cyan is nice; so is olive, which is a little surprising to me. I wouldn't have guessed it would contrast as nicely as it does.
[b]FEAR JUSTICE.[/b] :elena:
User avatar
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 4119
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:00 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, USA

Post by NeoTiamat »

I'll note that for me, red, orange, brown, green, olive, and violet are the most easily visible, and dark blue and blue the worst.
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
User avatar
Kaitou Kage
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2115
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:53 am
Location: Here and there
Contact:

Post by Kaitou Kage »

Dark blue is bad; Dark red is also kind of annoying. The rest look great.
User avatar
The Whistler
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1454
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:38 pm
Location: Southshore

Post by The Whistler »

Dark blue and blue are iffy (blue less so), but I'm cool with the rest.
Post Reply