The Darkening

Online roleplaying at the Café
whalejudge
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

The Evil Laughter echoes in your ears

Post by whalejudge »

As you run from the Terrible Tower of Zoltan, content in the knowledge that hounds and men are held tight by the blessings of Hala, you start to hear the baying of hounds. Perhaps your escape was not so easy...
John Merino
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by John Merino »

John slides his horse up next to Emma's. How are you feeling?
GHOST NAPPA!
Emma
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Emma »

The night they escape, just barely with their lives, Emma rides towards the back of the group. She remains silent and her eyes stare off blankly before her. As John pulls alongside her and asks her how she's feeling, she stirs ever so lightly to acknowledge she heard him. At each howl from the hounds behind them, Emma's body jumps with a start.

The pair continue to ride in silence until the half elves eyes begin to water. "H-he..." she stutters, fearful of what she might say. "He wouldn't be gone if I h-hadn't sent him the letter... I never intended for... I just can't believe he's acually..." Emma's meek whisper trails off and a few tears began to slide down her cheeks.
whalejudge
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by whalejudge »

You can still hear the singing of the hounds...
John Merino
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by John Merino »

Emma, John's voice was very stern. Now is the time to let it out. Just... just talk, ok? Just keep telling me everything until there's nothing left inside.
GHOST NAPPA!
Emma
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Emma »

Emma seems unphased by John's tone. After her few tears had dropped, her eyes dry again and she continues to stare before her with little emotion evident in her features. Her slight slump in posture and occassional jump was all that remained of her discomfort. After John is finished, she'll reply quietly, her vision still directed forward, "Now is no time for any of that... Can you hear them? The hounds are following after." The way she speaks will have a distant, eerie tone to it.

As Emma rides, she'll reach down to pet the neck of her horse comfortingly. "There, there.." She'll say quietly, trying to keep it confident despite the howls of the pack behind them.
John Merino
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by John Merino »

On the contrary, now is the only time. I can't have you like this with them back there, so let it all out. Trust me to keep you safe.

Taking a moment to examine the rabbit he is carrying, he mutters to himself, Zoltan. I guess he gets a spot on the list as well.
GHOST NAPPA!
Ingrid
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Ingrid »

Ingrid sits in John's pack, next to Squeakers. She is currently a ball of fluffy rage.
John Merino
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by John Merino »

John immediately looks up and walks his horse up to the cart. Follow me, I have an idea.

Stopping the cart, he dismounts and gets on the cart. Then he drives the horse to run off to the left, steering the cart to the right. Switch horses. The dogs can't follow our scent, they have to follow the scent of the horses. Besides, it's raining which will make it even more difficult. Send your horses off to the left, and ride the other horses to the right.

Muttering to himself, but partially to Ingrid, he says, Thank the Lawgiver for Conjuration. I'd like to see a Fireball get us out of this.

EDIT OOC:
We have 2 sets of horses: the horses that we bought a long time ago and the mounts from the Mount spell. Those mounts will last another eight hours traveling (or be caught by our pursuers) while we run off in a different direction alltogether. That gives us the opportunity to escape.

In addition, I'd like to point out to the GM that when Usurian asked what the weather of today would be, he did say "rainy" which is why Usurian prepped Call Lightning.
GHOST NAPPA!
whalejudge
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

The Darkest of Lords says Pause!

Post by whalejudge »

You're going to need a handle animal check to get the horses to do that, so the action is going to pause. Feel free to talk or cogitate, but pause action.
John Merino
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by John Merino »

I can't just smack their asses and get them to run off by being the big, bad Troglodyte?
GHOST NAPPA!
whalejudge
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by whalejudge »

Nope. You're the one that summoned them, remember? They like you.
John Merino
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by John Merino »

And I can't make them not like me?
GHOST NAPPA!
whalejudge
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by whalejudge »

What you want to do with them is already well beyond the spell description, which is summon horses to ride. I'll think on it for a few days.
John Merino
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by John Merino »

whalejudge wrote:What you want to do with them is already well beyond the spell description, which is summon horses to ride. I'll think on it for a few days.
... what?

"You summon a light horse or a pony (your choice) to serve you as a mount. The steed serves willingly and well. The mount comes with a bit and bridle and a riding saddle."

I do not understand how what I am asking is beyond the spell description.
GHOST NAPPA!