The Shattered City: OOC

Online roleplaying at the Café
User avatar
lostboy
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1795
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:12 am
Location: Biding my time...

Post by lostboy »

:wink:
"I had a dream, which was not all a dream.
The bright sun was extinguish'd, and the stars
Did wander darkling in the eternal space..."
User avatar
Nerit
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 637
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:22 am
Location: The Eternal Autumn
Contact:

Post by Nerit »

http://nerit.earthsprite.com/?p=101

What a lackluster answer :roll:, but there you have it, Rock.


Like the note on the post says, no more Thursdays.
Petroselinum, salvia, ros marinus, et thymus.
Nuray Solak
User avatar
DocBeard
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2165
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:35 pm

Post by DocBeard »

Anyone trained in Dungeoneering? My shield emits light that makes our weapons silvered; I think it might give us an advantage against the dingus but I don't have the Dungeoneering to confirm anything.
"Is there anything keeping us from checking that place out tonight?" Besides sanity, naturally.
User avatar
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 4119
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:00 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, USA

Post by NeoTiamat »

lostboy wrote:
Just as a head's up, but can people take a look at the RT-log
I think you owe me some for book 3's maps?
Slightly delayed, but let's see... Nicolas has 7 Reroll Tokens at the moment, so we'll call it 8 per map, for 16 total, which brings you up to the max. Sounds good?
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
User avatar
Cronax
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 456
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:52 pm
Location: Southern California

Post by Cronax »

Nerit,

If you like, Mr. Agale will take a reading, specifically as it relates to his secret long term goals.
"In normal times, evil would be fought by good. But in times like these, it must be fought by a different kind of evil."
User avatar
lostboy
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1795
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:12 am
Location: Biding my time...

Post by lostboy »

Nicolas has 7 Reroll Tokens at the moment, so we'll call it 8 per map, for 16 total, which brings you up to the max. Sounds good?
Spiffy :)
"I had a dream, which was not all a dream.
The bright sun was extinguish'd, and the stars
Did wander darkling in the eternal space..."
User avatar
Nerit
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 637
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:22 am
Location: The Eternal Autumn
Contact:

Post by Nerit »

Cronax wrote:Nerit,

If you like, Mr. Agale will take a reading, specifically as it relates to his secret long term goals.
Are you asking a question or do you want a profile? I assume you want the same format as yesterday's?
Petroselinum, salvia, ros marinus, et thymus.
Nuray Solak
User avatar
Cronax
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 456
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:52 pm
Location: Southern California

Post by Cronax »

If it needs to be in the form of a question, then: 'How will Mr. Agale fare when it comes to his long term goals?'
"In normal times, evil would be fought by good. But in times like these, it must be fought by a different kind of evil."
User avatar
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 4119
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:00 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, USA

Post by NeoTiamat »

Alright, canvassed AIM a bit, and I believe we have Kerrian, Cyrus, Tomas, Agale, and Celeste all for following the tracks, so I shall be updating soon-ish.
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
User avatar
Cronax
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 456
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:52 pm
Location: Southern California

Post by Cronax »

Just a thought: if the rest of you can distract her in conversation for 10 min, I can try and slip back, then call for the cavalry. (Going to be tricky with the tremorsensing hound.

I can't remember if Agale was still wounded, from the first encounter with the hounds. If he is, he'll spend a surge in Nic's enchanting presence (+4 hp).

I take it pre-battle bluffing is permitted? (as opposed to buffing)

Finally, the post mentions other cultists milling about, yet I don't see them on the map.
"In normal times, evil would be fought by good. But in times like these, it must be fought by a different kind of evil."
User avatar
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 4119
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:00 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, USA

Post by NeoTiamat »

Cronax wrote:I take it pre-battle bluffing is permitted? (as opposed to buffing)
Depends on the situation, but probably. This isn't hard-and-fast rules we're talking about here. It's dealing with some rather suspicious-minded fanatics who are ready to attack at the first sign of treachery.
Cronax wrote:Finally, the post mentions other cultists milling about, yet I don't see them on the map.
Poincare is the only living person present aside from you guys. There is Anne-Marie, and a pair of ash-cultists, but they're not humans and are in fact on the map. Is that what you mean?
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
User avatar
Cronax
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 456
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:52 pm
Location: Southern California

Post by Cronax »

Oh, now I see them. They blend into the map pretty well, maybe outline them in bright red next map so they're more visible?
"In normal times, evil would be fought by good. But in times like these, it must be fought by a different kind of evil."
User avatar
DocBeard
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2165
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:35 pm

Post by DocBeard »

I know I've jumped the gun a little, but, well.

1) This isn't anything Tomas can rationalize away. This is a murderous cult preforming a twisted ritual to feed murder monsters and empower a disease infested soul eating puppy dog.

2) Chatting with evil hasn't worked all that well so far.
"Is there anything keeping us from checking that place out tonight?" Besides sanity, naturally.
User avatar
lostboy
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1795
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:12 am
Location: Biding my time...

Post by lostboy »

Doc don't forget Tomas gets +2 to all weapon damage for this encounter from Nic's lovely song. (I just re-read it and if the Fochlucan Bandore is used with song of rest its +2)

Also and i know no-one ever remembers this BUT if you bloody or reduce a foe to 0hp within 10 squares of Nicolas you gain 3 temp hp's.
"I had a dream, which was not all a dream.
The bright sun was extinguish'd, and the stars
Did wander darkling in the eternal space..."
User avatar
Kaitou Kage
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2115
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:53 am
Location: Here and there
Contact:

Post by Kaitou Kage »

DocBeard wrote:I know I've jumped the gun a little, but, well.

1) This isn't anything Tomas can rationalize away. This is a murderous cult preforming a twisted ritual to feed murder monsters and empower a disease infested soul eating puppy dog.

2) Chatting with evil hasn't worked all that well so far.
For what it's worth, Cyrus was ready to charge them too, though for a few different reasons.
Post Reply