[Pathfinder] Base Class: Zealot

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Twin Agate Dragons
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

[Pathfinder] Base Class: Zealot

Post by Twin Agate Dragons »

Zealot: Pathfinder Database / Scribd
The alignment section should read: Must match that of deity.

What do you fine folks think of this class and do you think it has a place in Ravenloft?
[url=http://www.fraternityofshadows.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6410]Ravenloft - The Dreull Lands[/url] | [url=http://www.fraternityofshadows.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6413]Recent Updates[/url]
Sareau
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: [Pathfinder] Base Class: Zealot

Post by Sareau »

Other than the "Divine Fervor" ability, which is negated by the nature of Ravenloft itself, the zealot is fine-I can see them as agents of any of the faith-based darklords as well as more militant organizations. I especially like that there are no restricted alignments, so they could supporting any cause. :diamabel:
Rotipher of the FoS
Thieving Crow
Thieving Crow

Post by Rotipher of the FoS »

Even Divine Fervor might still work if it's modified to make it a subjective ability, that singles out creatures the zealot thinks are infidels, correctly or otherwise.
"Who [u]cares[/u] what the Dark Powers are? They're [i]bastards![/i] That's all I need to know of them." -- Crow
Sareau
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Sareau »

Rotipher of the FoS wrote:Even Divine Fervor might still work if it's modified to make it a subjective ability, that singles out creatures the zealot thinks are infidels, correctly or otherwise.
Everyone has that ability-it's called discretion. To make it a class feature, however, especially as written, it needs more than "whatever You decide doesn't match the Faith". Perhaps a combination of detect chaos and detect law, with discretion filling in the blanks...