Old Forum _was_ Really, Really Old...and Broken

Post questions and suggestions here
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Old Forum is Really, Really Old...and Broken

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

Isabella wrote:There some minor cosmetic trouble with the Imperium skin where the links at the top are half-hidden.
Unable to reproduce. Can you send a screen capture so I can see what you mean?
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Isabella
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Isabella »

Gonzoron of the FoS wrote:Unable to reproduce. Can you send a screen capture so I can see what you mean?
http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj19 ... glitch.jpg

It works on my computer, but not on my boyfriend's.
"No, but evil is still being — Is having reason — Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Ah... looks like it has to do with the width of the screen. if there's too much text to fit the screen, it wraps around.

Not sure how to fix it. Any html/css/php experts got an idea?
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Nerit
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Nerit »

Yeah, this does seem to be a problem with width, as in, his resolution is small! The only reason the wrapping looks bad is because of the image behind. Could be removed, I guess *shrug*.

Mind you, I can keep looking for interesting skins in my spare time, especially fantasy or medieval or antique looking.
Petroselinum, salvia, ros marinus, et thymus.
Nuray Solak
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Isabella wrote:
Gonzoron of the FoS wrote:Unable to reproduce. Can you send a screen capture so I can see what you mean?
http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj19 ... glitch.jpg

It works on my computer, but not on my boyfriend's.
I made the background image a bit taller. does that help?
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by NeoTiamat »

I'm not sure whether this is an old issue or a new issue, but I tried to swap from my usual ClanofDarkness forum skin to one of the Hermes (since the quotes/spoilers are rather jarring in the default skin), and it pretty much froze my internet.
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
Nerit
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Nerit »

That's not normal. Did it switch skins at all?
Petroselinum, salvia, ros marinus, et thymus.
Nuray Solak
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

err.... absolutely not normal, and first time I've heard of it. It's possible it's an unrelated issue that just so happened to occur when you switched skins. Couldn't hurt to run standard anti-virus and anti-malware scans. Deeply sorry if it was in fact board related. What's the status now? were you able to switch skins? and re-occurrence of the freeze?

(I'll look into making spoilers and quotes less jarring on the default skin, too)
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by NeoTiamat »

I suspect it's an interrelation of my old desktop computer and the Hermes skin. Eventually I just took my laptop (which had no problem) and used it to switch back to the default. I'll run a full sweep tonight, if I remember.
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
HuManBing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Old Forum _was_ Really, Really Old...and Broken

Post by HuManBing »

I'm getting occasional Google search warnings for FoS forum hits.

This message shows up:
This is probably not the site you are looking for!
You attempted to reach fraternityofshadows.com, but instead you actually reached a server identifying itself as *.bluehost.com. This may be caused by a misconfiguration on the server or by something more serious. An attacker on your network could be trying to get you to visit a fake (and potentially harmful) version of fraternityofshadows.com.
You should not proceed, especially if you have never seen this warning before for this site.
"Not the site you are looking for"?

Hmpf!

I suppose next thing I know, Google will be telling me that I'm free to go about my business and that I should move along.
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Old Forum _was_ Really, Really Old...and Broken

Well, that's kind of weird, but I can assure you that bluehost.com is our hosting service, so it should be safe to proceed. Not sure how I'd go about fixing it.