Post questions and suggestions here
Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity

Let me in!

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

Dear Frat,

Without my usual lon-windedness:

Your password confirmation/recovery/registry system seems totally broken.

Typed in a wrong password on Monday, got my confirmation email today;
the "typ-in a number"-screen is also buggy, in the sense that it shows now, well, numbers.

Please fix this!

Yours,

Rafe

Also, today is my 6th anniversary with you, boils and ghouls!
So far, you have endured three computers, two long-term girlfriends, an edition change, and that cursed gaming session when I decided to try Midnight. :)
My congratulations! :)
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Let me in!

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

Well Rafe, I hate to say, "It's just you." but.... "It's just you." :)

I just reset my password and got the email in seconds. Then I clicked the link in the email and put the new passcode in, and it worked. Then I was able to go into my User Control Panel and change the password back to what it was before. no problems seen anywhere.

What browser are you using?

Also, not sure what you mean by the type in a number screen. You mean the login screen? or something else?

I guess everything worked out, since you were able to post this, but if you have trouble posting again, you can contact me by email too.
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Joël of the FoS

Post by Joël of the FoS »

Ron, I thought we did ban him?
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)
HuManBing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by HuManBing »

Let Me In?

... >_>

Sorry, couldn't resist. Good luck with your password reset problem.
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

Joël of the FoS wrote:Ron, I thought we did ban him?
Oh, right... something about the server not being able to handle that high of a post count.... <looks at Joël's post count....> hey... wait a second....

;)
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Le Noir Faineant

HuManBing wrote:Let Me In?

... >_>

Sorry, couldn't resist. Good luck with your password reset problem.
My compliments, Sir! The title was indeed a hommage to this... Actually the only vampire movie by Hollywood in recent years that is not full of Team Edward.
Le Noir Faineant

Gonzoron of the FoS wrote:Well Rafe, I hate to say, "It's just you." but.... "It's just you." :)
Hmmm... Could well be - my own little D&D forum, the Comeback Inn and its affiliated sites, were hascked this week.

Could be some imbecile planted a bad cookie in my browser...
Gonzoron of the FoS wrote: What browser are you using?

I guess everything worked out, since you were able to post this, but if you have trouble posting again, you can contact me by email too.
I was working from different PCs this week, using Opera, Safari and Firefox, and had the same problems with ALL of them, which was the main reason I alarmed you guys. :)

Yepp, I cleaned my system, and that solved the immediate login issues.

However, the captcha screen still remains blank - which seems to be a common bug with this phpbb mod - and the email still took four days to reach me.

Anywayay, I'm back. I don't post as much as I used to any more, mainly due to my involvement with other stuff, but I still love this site dearly. I am putting together my own setting for publication these days, and you may expect more than just a little nod in recognition. :)

Also, not sure what you mean by the type in a number screen. You mean the login screen? or something else?
The captcha screen, sorry for not having expressed it better. - Both when trying to register and when failing the password test, the captcha window doesn't load.
Le Noir Faineant

Gonzoron of the FoS wrote:
Joël of the FoS wrote:Ron, I thought we did ban him?
Oh, right... something about the server not being able to handle that high of a post count.... <looks at Joël's post count....> hey... wait a second....

;)

maraudar
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by maraudar »

Sigh.... Just had to let him back in didn't you? I mean really... Bolt the door, shutter the windows and load the flintlock with silver bullets... :twisted:

Maraudar
Blade, fire, pistol or stake it matters not.. Even the undead can become true dead.