The Shattered City: OOC

Online roleplaying at the Café
Kaitou Kage
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: The Shattered City: OOC

Post by Kaitou Kage »

Psst, hey guys. Guess who just stole from the cat again!
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Rock of the Fraternity »

Hooray! :D
Cronax
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Cronax »

Can someone finish off FOS13? He's prone and in close quarters, so I don't really have anything good to hit him with.
"In normal times, evil would be fought by good. But in times like these, it must be fought by a different kind of evil."
lostboy
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by lostboy »

Thoughts on tactics anyone? Rex has the box so really its either escape or kill stuff.

A) Do we chuck everything at Sodalis and ultimately make for the backdoor before more FoS arrive?

B) Or pull a reverse and using lord night terror as a spearhead, smack our way through the remaining wizards to the south, before heading for the tunnel or the front door.

C) Encourage the FoS and Sodalis to twat each other, although I have no idea how to do that.

D) Or do we attempt to kill anything that moves and sod escaping? On the reasoning the FoS and Sodalis won't be chuffed if we leg it and we then spend the rest of our measly lives avoiding them... If so do we do it together or split forces?

Whatever happens I'm guessing its too late for Nicolas to pull a silence ritual and avoid attracting any more attention from elsewhere?
"I had a dream, which was not all a dream.
The bright sun was extinguish'd, and the stars
Did wander darkling in the eternal space..."
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by NeoTiamat »

As a note, if your goal is to escape, the simplest way of doing so would probably be to head straight to the right/east, break open some windows, and get to the street that way. Night Terror can hold off the group to the south for long enough, if you can delay Sodalis and the group of FoS coming from the left, you can probably skip out with skin more or less intact.
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
Kaitou Kage
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Kaitou Kage »

lostboy wrote:Thoughts on tactics anyone? Rex has the box so really its either escape or kill stuff.
On this note, Rex just won the game. He can get back to his tunnel and gone in one round. Will post to this effect soon.
lostboy
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by lostboy »

Which makes my last question even more pertinent. What do we all want to do now?
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

I'd rather like to take either De Casteele or the bad mog out of the picture for good, but if the rest of the party says otherwise, I'm good to join in.
The Whistler
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by The Whistler »

I'm up for anything! Just keep me posted and I will follow suit.
Kaitou Kage
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Kaitou Kage »

Well, you guys may just want to do something and figure it out as you go. Otherwise this game's gonna stall and die. So far only Rock and myself have posted this round...Given that people aren't even really posting OOC, let alone IC, I'd be inclined to say just do what you think is best and move on.
lostboy
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by lostboy »

Wont be able to post till later I'm afraid. Am on my phone whilst pretending to pay attention at a conference. Think they all believe I'm taking notes....
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by NeoTiamat »

Well, as far as victory conditions go, you've fulfilled the Minimum Requirement, you have the box, FoS doesn't get apocalyptic batch of spirits.

From here on out, it's basically a question of "Have any scores you want to settle before we close down?" Try and wipe out an Umbra, kick Sodalis in the teeth, so forth. Accomplishing secondary objectives certainly helps make the world a slightly better place, but it isn't necessary.
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Get De Casteele! :x
Cronax
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Cronax »

Going out with both guns blazing. Also, there is no way for any of us to know that Rex has gotten away.
"In normal times, evil would be fought by good. But in times like these, it must be fought by a different kind of evil."
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Did... did you just turn our two-front battle into a three-front battle?! :shock: :banshee: