The Fall of House Pancrazio Chapter 4

Online roleplaying at the Café
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

''Right.''

Tristan swings up into the saddle and follows Goran's lead, riding at a slower pace so that he falls to the rear of the party.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
Varrus the Ethical
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Varrus the Ethical »

"Indeed, So what will I be riding?"
"Most men would rather deny a hard truth than face it."

George R.R. Martin.
Griselda
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Griselda »

I should have guessed that Emilio wouldn't take the usual sort of bait to encourage a private conversation. Very well, then, just be patient. The men head out one by one, Roderigo finishes his conversation with his nephew, and it would seem the old majordomo might not be budging. Agna waits until everyone has departed, doing her best to stay occupied and unobtrusive.

Agna puts her hand over Emilio's, hoping to make him look her in the face. Perhaps affection, or whatever doom awaits her this evening, makes her bolder than usual. "Emilio, when I was a child here, I found that what really scared me was not when the wolves were howling at the moon, or the family was having another fight, or Lady Luisa was creeping around the house -- it was when the grown-ups, like Mariabella or like you, were scared. I saw your face when Master said Master Saverio might be coming tonight. I know something's wrong, and I'm sure you have your own best reasons for not telling me, but if there's something dangerous coming here, then I want to know, so I take care of the people most important to me." She pauses to give this a little weight, then continues:

"I should see what Master Roderigo wants. I'll be right back." She presses his hand warmly and goes up the back stairs.

She emerges at the top of the stairs in time to see Goran departing down the front stairs. She recalls his earlier argument with Roderigo about Magenta. Maybe I should tell him about what I saw yesterday -- it would confirm what he knows, but probably carry no weight. He is moving too swiftly for her to catch up, and calling him would not be appropriate. The idea of mentioning Magenta's threat as well crosses her mind for a split second, but Agna dismisses it almost as quickly. It was shameful enough. Would he make light of it or go haring off to his sister in a rage -- neither would end well for Agna.

She walks quietly to the study door, takes a deep breath and knocks at the door.
RocEter
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by RocEter »

PathOfDreams wrote:The ranger exits the manor out the main entrance. He approaches the others, taking the reigns from Sebastien, "Thank you little cousin, this new steed is proving to be made of the right stock, I trust he was well behaved?"

Goran mounts the horse without a name and clears his throat, "Everyone listen up, "Julian you are to continue tactical command of our expedition, regarding both the crypt and the tunnels, understand however that I will have no choice but to usurp that command if I feel your interests are not in line with the family. Furthermore, I must be clear that every shred of material to be exhumed from the grave or the tunnels belongs to the family and therefore must pass through the hands of its master, my father."

"With that understood, I want you all to know, friend or blood, you have all performed your duties with the utmost respect for the Pancrazio name. It speaks volumes to your dedication and does not go unnoticed. Thank you."

"Now lets be gone lest we waste time we do not have."

The woodsman kicks his steed with the heel of his tall boot, his long black dreads fly out behind him, loose and untied.
"Very well cousin, however should anything we find in the tunnels be tainted with necromantic magic or be used in the creation of undead, I will have no choice but to destroy it. Also should we find anything that would help us answer who created those undead in the tunnels and who that little boy may be, I will continue to hold on to them." Julian says to Goran.

"I am sure you understand, I would be derelict in my duties to Ezra If I were to allow such things to pass." .

Julian continues the ride in silence.
History prefers legends to men. It prefers nobility to brutality, soaring speeches to quiet deeds. History remembers the battle and forgets the blood. What ever history remembers of me if it remembers me at all, it shall only be the fraction of the truth.
PathOfDreams
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by PathOfDreams »

"You will answer to my father should anything be destroyed, keep that in mind. This is his bidding not mine."
The Fall of House Pancrazio
Goran Pancrazio - http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.p ... tid=165152
Ghosts of Gauntcliff
Petrie MacLugash - http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.p ... tid=339286
JMaytr
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: The Fall of House Pancrazio Chapter 4

Post by JMaytr »

END OF CHAPTER 4
"Seven Seals...Seven Rings...Seven Brides for the Scarlet King..."