Online roleplaying at the Café
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: The Fall of House Pancrazio Chapter 5

Post by ewancummins »

In the nursery-

Tristan says-

''We ought to do another sweep of this place, look for hidden passages and secret compartments. That space beneath the floorboards might not be the only thing that was hidden in here. I want to see what the boss thinks of these drawings, see if he recognizes anything. Oh, and we'd better search and secure Harold's room too."
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
RocEter
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by RocEter »

Julian merely shrugs. "I too have no answer for you Tristan. After the fire Father had taken us far from here and we never returned." Julian says. "Searching the rest of manor would be a delay we can not afford, we know of an immediate threat that must be dealt with. Come little brother, it is time we cleanse taint from the tunnels below."

Without some much as waiting for a reply from anyone else Julian turns on heels and makes his way back to Pheobe's room to get Goran.
History prefers legends to men. It prefers nobility to brutality, soaring speeches to quiet deeds. History remembers the battle and forgets the blood. What ever history remembers of me if it remembers me at all, it shall only be the fraction of the truth.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

While the others are gathering, Tristan goes straight to Roderigo.

After first getting him alone- Tristan quietly informs his employer-

''Boss, that heavy chest that we found in the dungeon was left in Harold's room. It should be in your keeping, I think. Harold said it had some kind of nigromantic spell cast on it, so please be careful with it. The lock on the chest seems to fit a ring that Miss Luisa wore- I think it was buried with her. I think that might be the key. Now, I can't be sure, but I suspect that the chest holds your aunt's hidden treasure. If so, that stuff belongs to you now. I suggest that you immediately go to secure it. "

He adds-
''Oh, and I found some strange things in the nursery. When you have more time, I'd like you to please look over that stuff- it could be important clues as to what the devil is going on around this house."
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
Varrus the Ethical
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Varrus the Ethical »

"I am with you, Julian." says Sebastian as he follows his brother.
"Most men would rather deny a hard truth than face it."

George R.R. Martin.
PathOfDreams
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by PathOfDreams »

Goran follows his father from Phoebe's room and stops short as Roderigo descends the stairs to meet withthe approaching gang from the nursey. He takes a deep breath to satiate the flare-up in his guts.

Watching the houndsman follow his father down the stairs, he hollars after him, "Tristan, we will assemble in the kitchen before we brave the underdark once more. Do not tary long"

Goran turns his attention back to his cousins, "Julian, Sebastian, let us move downstairs and you can brief me on what was found in the nursey. We haven't long before the banquet tonight."

The woodsman heads downstairs and makes for the kitchen. Once he arrives there he searches out the left over tea and pours a small mugful. He waits for Tristan and Tahl.
The Fall of House Pancrazio
Goran Pancrazio - http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.p ... tid=165152
Ghosts of Gauntcliff
Petrie MacLugash - http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.p ... tid=339286
RocEter
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by RocEter »

Julian follows his cousin down to the kitchen, once there he briefs Goran on what Tristan found. "Tristan found an hidden room in the attic above the nursery. There he found a night stand with a burnt flute and a letter opener with Dilisyna family crest on it. He seems to think that the flute music we heard came from the flute and the flute survived the fire. He also thinks the boy may have been murdered and the fire was used to cover it up." He pauses to let the information sink in, watching Goran with his one good eye.

"While the idea is sound and would explain a lot, I don't remember another boy being around the manor before or during the fire. I am sure though that answers can be found some where in the tunnel, though." He says and shakes his head. "We must be wary Goran, those tunnels are tainted beyond anything I have seen."
History prefers legends to men. It prefers nobility to brutality, soaring speeches to quiet deeds. History remembers the battle and forgets the blood. What ever history remembers of me if it remembers me at all, it shall only be the fraction of the truth.