New to Ravenloft? Or new to our forum? introduce yourself!

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: New to the Forum? introduce yourself here!

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

Welcome! Hope you enjoy learning about Ravenloft as much as we old curmudgeons once did! :azalin:

(As a note, many of our users use the hermes gray skin for these forums, which has a dark gray/black background, and your dark red font color doesn't show up well)
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
WhisperingWolf
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by WhisperingWolf »

from the mists a form arrives, all that is seen is a dark hooded figure, a staff and what might be delicate hands covered with a pair of gloves. A wolf howls from a distance within the mists, the head lifts a smile plays upon the bow shaped lips, and a voice slides out of the shadows of the hood

Hello I am Whispering Wolf, the Mists have been my home for many a year, and I greet one and all.
There is darkness and light within us all. We just decide which is stronger than the other.

Whispering Wolf
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Welcome, Whispering Wolf! good to have you here.
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Manofevil
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Manofevil »

Watch out for that canine distemper that's running through Verbrek. Bad pupping season this year. :twisted: :lol:
Last edited by Manofevil on Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Do us a favor Luv, Stick yer 'ead in a bucket a kick it!

So, gentlemen, that's how it is. Until Grissome.... resurfaces, I'm the acting president, and I say starting with this... anniversary festival, we run this city into the ground! :D
mason
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by mason »

Hello everyone. I'm a long time fan of ravenloft and recently broke out my books again. Been thinking of running my son (12) and some friends. I used to lurk on the kargatane website (may they R.I.P.) and am very thankful to see how this site has grown hoping it doesn't go anywhere anytime soon. As I was going through some of my old stuff I noticed a lot of things I had questions on and hopefully get some helpful answers from everyone here.
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Welcome, mason! Glad to have you here, and I hope we can be of service! We're not going anywhere, the Dark Powers will see to that... :azalin:
Alastor
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Alastor »

Greetings.
I've enjoyed reading the Fraternity's netbooks for around three years now, which is the source of nearly all my knowledge of Ravenloft. I finally decided to register in the hopes of contributing to these efforts, and possibly finding others nearby interested pen-and-paper 3rd edition play in the Demiplane of Dread.
Above the conquered folk,
the draconic citadel
awaits rebellion.

Not the daimon, just a namesake.
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zilfer »

Hello and welcome! Unforunately, I don't live anywhere near you but I'm sure there might be someone out there who would like to play. Welcome to the forum! I'm pretty new myself here. :P

Hope you find whatever it is your looking for.... ~ Line from next Silent hill game woot! 4 more days....
There's always something to lose.

Fraternity of Shadows Discord
https://discord.gg/AM6Kp95ekf
starfalconkd
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by starfalconkd »

Hey all,
I'm Keith and I only recently found this forum. I've been running Ravenloft since it's 2e introduction (yeah, the black box) but haven't run it recently. My current gaming group is in the middle of a Darksun campaign and they have been saying how they would like me to run Ravenloft next. I've been using the Pathfinder rules since their debut and converting anything I need as I need it.
Can I also say I'm ecstatically excited (probably a little too excited) to see the Gothic Earth Eternal project and am very much looking forward to it's completion.
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

welcome, starfalconkd! Glad you found us, and very glad to see your interest in Gothic Earth Eternal. Remember everyone, there's still a little time to get your spin on Fu Manchu sent in before April 3rd!
Lucien Doomdark
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Lucien Doomdark »

Hey everyone,

I was an old forumite on WolfKook's Ravenloft Reanimated and Ultimate Ravenloft threads and then life got in the way, and I disappeared for what seemed like not very long...but actually turned out to be a couple of years.

I've been lurking for a while and I recently reactivated my account. I also realised I never introduced myself properly. Ravenloft was my gateway from Vampire: The Masquerade to D&D, and it has a special place in my heart as a setting because of the whole 'consequences aspect' and the low fantasy/horror elements.

Nice to meet you all properly.

Doomdark.
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Welcome (back) Lucien Doomdark! No one ever leaves the Mists for good! :)
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zilfer »

^No they just disappear never to be seen again. :D
There's always something to lose.

Fraternity of Shadows Discord
https://discord.gg/AM6Kp95ekf
Lucien Doomdark
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Lucien Doomdark »

Zilfer wrote:^No they just disappear never to be seen again. :D
If VRGttM is anything to go by, when they do come back, they come back...different... ;)
HuManBing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by HuManBing »

Lucien Doomdark wrote:I also realised I never introduced myself properly.
Huh, me neither. Weird.

I like Ravenloft, but I'm no longer a d20 player. Instead, I play GURPS.

I like computer games, especially first-person horror games.

My favorite darklords are Azalin and Drakov, and my favorite domains are Darkon and Falkovnia. Most of my personal canon edits focus on those two domains.

I am especially interested in expanding the character of Vlad Drakov to make him less of a bloodthirsty caricature and more of a war-scarred leader. I'm in the process of writing a long fan fic to explore this concept.
Last edited by HuManBing on Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.