Friday.... the 13th!

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Friday.... the 13th!

Post by Zilfer »

I'm wishing you all a safe friday the 13th, and we'll see if anything crazy or supernatural goes down. :P Keep your eye out for people in hockey masks i hear they can be dangerous :P
There's always something to lose.

Fraternity of Shadows Discord
https://discord.gg/AM6Kp95ekf
High Priest Mikhal
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Friday.... the 13th!

Post by High Priest Mikhal »

?? Why should we be afraid of people in hockey masks? I let this poor fellow in one and a jumpsuit in. Nice fellow, kind of quiet, awfully shy since he won't talk or remove that mask, just sits there and holds a machete in one hand and a shriveled severed head in the other. He didn't even mind when I took that machete and polished the rust out and sharpened the blade. Still didn't say anything. I heard a ruckus coming from my grandmother's room, but I've learned not to bother her when she's having a snit. His machete now has some blood on it; he must have cut himself but I can't see where.
"Money is the root of all evil...I think I need more money."
A G Thing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Location: Currently the Frozen Wastes of Mount Pleasant Michigan

Post by A G Thing »

I recommend leaning in with your neck stretched out real far! Some times you can miss things if you don't focus all your concentration on them... Now where was I? Ah yes! KLATU VERADA.... VERADA... ??? What is the rest? I am terrible with these things!
"There is only one true answer to any and every question. The rest are just vagaries and obfuscations."
High Priest Mikhal
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by High Priest Mikhal »

A G Thing wrote:I recommend leaning in with your neck stretched out real far! Some times you can miss things if you don't focus all your concentration on them... Now where was I? Ah yes! KLATU VERADA.... VERADA... ??? What is the rest? I am terrible with these things!
NIKTO!

If only Ash written the words down... And it didn't stop someone else from reciting from the Necronomicon in his time--twice (see Evil Dead: Hail to the King for PS1 and Evil Dead: Fistful of Boomstick for PS2).
"Money is the root of all evil...I think I need more money."
A G Thing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by A G Thing »

Thanks for the help High Priest Mikhal! :) Now if I had not dropped that Necronomicon into this spinning vortex thing I might be able to put it to use... Elder Gods this happens every time... :roll: I just have no memory for incantations... Oops... Losing my grip trying to type this... Perhaps I should wait till this has cleared up a... Oh... Well to late for that so no reason to worry about it now... Just headed toward the swirling misty blackened death portal to perhaps unending torment and suffering... But perhaps puppies as well! :D Oh well better luck... next... time...
"There is only one true answer to any and every question. The rest are just vagaries and obfuscations."
Jack the Reaper
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Jack the Reaper »

Coming to that, here's a must-see fan made movie, "The Nightmare Ends on Halloween", which is pure pleasure. Watching it, I realised I've been waiting years for this movie, without even knowing it!

And its sequel, which is no less delicious:

Such a poetic justice... Big Bad Freddy suddenly looks such a pathetic, amateur thug...
Those characters are often classified as the antithesis to RL's gothic-horror, but IMO, if it's horror, it has a place in RL - or at least, in my heart!
Would like to see your replies.
The Reaper's riddle:

"Im ata yachol likro et ze, ata yode'a et ha'emet."

If you can read it, you know the truth.
Catman Jim
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Catman Jim »

Zilfer wrote:I'm wishing you all a safe friday the 13th, and we'll see if anything crazy or supernatural goes down.

Last Friday saw the passing of Johnathan Frid, the actor who played the vampire Barnabus Collins in the Dark Shadows tv series. He, along with three other original cast members, have a cameo appearance in the Tim Burton / Johnny Depp Dark Shadows movie coming out soon.
I only wish I had retired sooner!
A G Thing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by A G Thing »

(Dimensional Distortion Noises) That is really sad to hear... Bye again... (Dimensional Distortion Noises)
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

Catman Jim wrote: Last Friday saw the passing of Johnathan Frid, the actor who played the vampire Barnabus Collins in the Dark Shadows tv series. He, along with three other original cast members, have a cameo appearance in the Tim Burton / Johnny Depp Dark Shadows movie coming out soon.
WARNING: poor taste alert.... He probably saw the trailer and wanted to get a head start on rolling over in his grave. <rimshot!> :cry:

RIP, Mr. Frid.... thanks for the fun show.
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."