Quoth the Raven 19

Discussing all things Ravenloft
ScS of the Fraternity

Quoth the Raven 19

Post by ScS of the Fraternity »

Greetings from the depths of darkness!
The Fraternity of Shadows is now accepting submissions for Quoth the Raven, the world's most famous online Ravenloft fanzine with the words "Raven" and "Quoth" in the title.
The Fraternity is digging deep for this issue; nary a cobwebbed corner has been overlooked, nor dark well gone unplumbed in the search for tales of terror. As always, we invite the all of the Ravenloft community to join us in our conspiracy. We will be accepting articles written by the fans on any subject related to Ravenloft or Masque of the Red Death.
To help our spark the demented imaginations of our community members, the Fraternity has assigned a theme to this issue. This year, we fed Socko slips of paper with potential themes on them and asked a volunteer to pick one out. Sadly, no one has wanted to touch Socko since he took up jogging. After much debate and childish name-calling, we created an illusion of a person to fetch the theme. I have never before seen an illusion so happy to be disbelieved, and I say now that a phantasm can indeed cry, but it was all for the best.
This issue's theme is: Cats.
As always, we will accept articles that do not conform to the theme, though we will make a note of such intransigence.
As usual, we will be accepting new submissions up until October. Contributors who need more time can contact one of the Fraternity members.
The issue will be available for download in the Library on October 31st.
Contributors are reminded to include their names and their email addresses in the document. A template for submissions to Quoth the Raven can be found here: http://www.fraternityofshadows.com/Mausoleum.html

Finally, I would remind would-be contributors not to submit their articles to our dread secretary Drusilla, as she will likely shred the mail, or worse, use your return address to figure out where you live.

Yours in Shadow,
ScS
Evil Reigns!!!!
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Quoth the Raven 19

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

:arijani:
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

ScS of the Fraternity wrote: I would remind would-be contributors not to submit their articles to our dread secretary Drusilla, as she will likely shred the mail, or worse, use your return address to figure out where you live.

Yours in Shadow,
ScS
Dru can come see me anytime :azalin: :azalin:
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

We have a special place in the graveyard for people that made the same mistake Tarlyn.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
Rudolf Weathermay
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by Rudolf Weathermay »

Drusilla? looking our adress? is she attractive? :o :D :roll: :twisted:

I have something to sent but need to translate it first. slap me if I forget :p
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Rock of the Fraternity »

To which e-mail address should I mail my first submission? I have several ideas... ;)
ScS of the Fraternity

Hello Rock,

You may send the article to this address: isawtheraven@hotmail.com or you could send it to any Fraternity member with whom you've worked in the past.
Just remember to clearly identify that the email is for Quoth the Raven.
Also, don't forget to include your email and your handle in the title block of the article.

ScS
Evil Reigns!!!!
Jester of the FoS
Jester of the Dark Comedy
Jester of the Dark Comedy

Post by Jester of the FoS »

Has there been any articles written on paka before? That seems like a ripe cat-esque topic.
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Jester of the FoS wrote:Has there been any articles written on paka before? That seems like a ripe cat-esque topic.
Not that I'm aware of....
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
ScS of the Fraternity

None have been submitted thus far.
Its fresh ground for now....
Evil Reigns!!!!
ScS of the Fraternity

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to remind everyone that we are still accepting submissions for Quoth the Raven Issue 19. we've received a few articles so far and eagerly anticipate more to come.

As usual, we will be accepting submissions until October, with special provisions for those who contact us in advance.

Thanks,

ScS
Evil Reigns!!!!
kourkenko
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by kourkenko »

it has been a long time since my last visit here, I do not have time to write an article but I may furnish illustrations if you wish, if you want an example of what I can do:
http://kourkenko.deviantart.com/#/d5bjji9
ScS of the Fraternity

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to remind everyone that we are still accepting articles for Quoth the Raven Issue 19, but only up until the end of this month. We've received a few articles so far and eagerly anticipate more to come.

As usual, special arrangements will be made for those who contributors who contact us in advance.

Thanks,

ScS
Evil Reigns!!!!
Jimsolo
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Jimsolo »

Two questions: First, what is your preferred length for these articles? Second, if we are describing something new (such as a magic item or a new monster) should we include game statistics, and if so, what edition should we use?

I know I'm new, but are there submission guidelines somewhere that I didn't see?

I'm actually really excited about this. Thanks for any time you take to respond.
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

For the preferred length, I'm not sure. Long enough to describe what you're describing, I guess. :)

Statistics are definitely a plus. Any edition is fine. Pick your favorite, or include as many as you can.

I don't think we have any official submission guidelines... ScS? do we?

Best advice: take a look at some previous articles to get a feel for what we're looking for. All issues of QtR are available in the Library.