[Kickstarter] Nightfall, a horror supplement for 13th Age

Discussing all roleplaying games
Tatyana
Conspirator
Conspirator

[Kickstarter] Nightfall, a horror supplement for 13th Age

Post by Tatyana »

Hi! I just thought I should give this horror RPG supplement on Kickstarter a shoutout.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/funtyrant/nightfall
The ancient Libris Annoctatio describes the dimension of Solenset. It is an unsettling place by day - the inhabitants are grimmer, more insular, less charitable. The sun tracks across the sky with no rhythm; some days last mere hours, some go on for weeks. When night comes (and it always does), Solenset transforms into a land of ultimate horror.

In some realms, the monsters come out at night. Inconceivable horrors stalk in the darkness, creeping, alien evils that make the monsters in our dimension seem like domesticated pets. Monsters can be killed, however, and evil vanquished. The Nightfall is more clever than that.

Some inhabit a nightmare world that repeats the same day, endlessly, with no escape. Others live under the umbrella of Armageddon, the tick-tock of inevitable doomsday always palpable in their lives. One realm finds life itself loathsome; clockwork horrors serve an unfeeling, ravenous Lord whose hunger for life will not be sated until it has consumed the entire universe.

Solenset is not to be entered lightly. Do not deceive yourself and think you are immune to evil - the Nightfall is insidious, intelligent, and inexorable. Tread carefully, or into darkness you shall fall, and for all time...
Sound a little familiar? :D The developers have openly said they're inspired by Ravenloft, and there will be a Realm of classic gothic horror in Nightfall too. It's already funded as a 13th Age supplement, but if they get only 900 more dollars in pledges they're opening up support for Pathfinder and OSRIC. I'm a big Ravenloft fan (username and all) and horror fan in general so I'm really hoping they get to that stretch goal.

I hope people are interested!
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: [Kickstarter] Nightfall, a horror supplement for 13th Ag

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

Thanks for the tip (and welcome)! Looks interesting!

Though I did giggle a bit at this:
When night comes (and it always does),
:lol: I know it's supposed to sound ominous, but to me it sounds.... just like every world, including the real one! ;)
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."