Changelings part I: 27 Charity Street

Online roleplaying at the Café
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Re: Changelings part I: 27 Charity Street

Post by alhoon »

After the initial shock and cursory search for the sword are over, Seradon gathered the others in the kitchen and addressed them. He was saying each sentence in Mordentish, and repeating it in Falkovian. For important words and phrases, he drew out the words to help the soldier at least get aquintated with the pronounciation of Mordentish.
M/F: "So it appears our patron has found what he "hired" us for. And he or she was gracious enough to leave us a little something for our trouble. Personally, I expected worse treatment.
Still, not all is good and I would with-hold from a celebration and back-pats and re-unions in 5 years to talk about the good old times we had looking for the sword. The sword as we saw clearly is not a good thing. It's sentient, it's cursed and it can influence its owener.
Does our patron plan to use the sword himself and herself? Does he or she controls magically the wielder? Does he or she perhaps plan to destroy it and rid the word from it? We don't know.
What we know is that an evil sword is at the hands of someone powerful enough to locate it and send us on a mission to get it through magical means of abduction but this person was at least gracious enough to give us a reward for finding it.

What should we do now? Ignore the missing sword and go on with our lives? After all, we didn't want to keep the sword in the first place. Keep our ears to ground for a warlord with a sword that matches this description? Take a few days to think about it?"
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Gorn finds an amulet and a quarterstaff in his room. He brings both below and finds everyone gathered in the kitchen. He does listen to Seradon and when the man is done asks him.

"I dunno bout tha sword ter be honest. I kin leave that ter you more intelligent folks. I just wanna knows whut does these tings do xactly?"

OOC: 1 is a quarterstaff+1 the other an amulet of natural armor +1.
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

M/F: "I can tell easily you whether they're magical or not Gorn. What they do... that's a far more difficult question. I have the spell required to tell, but it will take me eight hours to cast and an expensive gem. Those gems usually costed 50 gold pieces in Darkon. I have no idea where to find one here, and I can't afford it"
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
My DMGuild work!
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

"I'll tell yer what. I gots ter go an see Rupert right now, as one a his pals gonner teach me somethin' important, he telled me an promised me. You guys n gals kin figure out about tha sword thing. I ain' goin ter drink by tha way." The Caliban turns and exits the room and the house, heading for the Pub where Rupert usually is.

He enters, and seeing Rupert, walks right on over and takes a seat, without asking. Diplomacy isn't one of Gorn's best traits, after all.

"Hey, Rupert, whut yer bin up to?"
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

In an accent heavily influenced by Falkovnian pronunciation Helfried answers Saradon; "I am more ...toupled as why haff we not been taking home? Why has we still here? Has he haff more jobs for us to be taking?"
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

F: "That's a good question Helfried. I hope it's because our "patron" doesn't care to return us home and decided to ignore us and not because he wants us to unearth more items that shouldn't be unearthed. Let's hope our patron will keep ignoring us. As for home... I think we could leave Paridon by mistway, but that's kinda dangerous and we can't actually know if we're "free" to go or we're on "vacation" till he slaps us with another job."
My DMGuild work!
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Catherine was silent till now listening the others discussing but Helfierd's point only make more questions get her mind.

"There is also the fact of how he/she entered here, got the sword left the gear for us and left...I do remember Seradon saying something that magic doesn't work properly in the house? Or was something else? Anyway I think it is strange none of us heard anything. Also I agree with Helfierd, since our job here was done why not get back to our homeland? Maybe the benefactor thought that we might be useful in the future as well that's why bought as the house and gave us money in order to make sure we stay here longer and not just try to leave after he/she got the sword. But alas I think is all matter of time. If we want to do something different we may go to that excursion Rubert said, the one far away to search for the relics or whatever these items are. Maybe this will help us decide what we want to do, leave Paridon or stay here."
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!