The Nightingale, Act II: A Village By Night

Online roleplaying at the Café
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: The Nightingale, Act II: A Village By Night

Post by Zilfer »

Ammanas watches as Boiros seems to ready his weapons and say something, from watching Nicodemus he doesn't seem to be worried, and he surmises that he must have said something along the lines of 'lets go' or 'someone's going to pay for that'.

Ammanas smirked before shaking his head slightly. "I'll give him that he has no quit in him."

At Caitlin's worry, he puts a hand on her shoulder. "Do not worry you are safe with us, now let us make haste to that noise! Mayhaps some of them still breathe!" said Ammanas as he started towards the noise.
There's always something to lose.

Fraternity of Shadows Discord
https://discord.gg/AM6Kp95ekf
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Varian, a mad look on his face, shoves off the branch and falls with a wordless scream!
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Xavril tries to hold on to Varian and stop him but fails, plummeting to ground.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

The rope snaps tight, crushing Varian's throat. He kicks and twists in mid-air for a short, desperate struggle, and soon his black-faced corpse sways from the sagging branch.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Xavril, having lost his grip on Varian, falls to the ground. Unfortunatley, it rushes up to meet his head. The resulting effect is quite disastrous. The gnome's head splits open like a melon, brains and gore oozing out onto the ground.
Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

When the rest of the party arrives at the edge of town, they find a dead Varian, a dead Xavril, and a dead mule.

The man that Xavril saw, is long gone.

The night remains silent like the grave.
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zilfer »

As Ammanas approached, and sees the hanging man and bodies on the ground he’ll speak to Caitlin briefly. “Avert your eyes, you don’t want to see this,” says Ammanas as he continues to approach the scene hoping the girl will know better than to scare herself for the rest of her life with the signs of death.

"It seems leaving town was a 'grave' mistake," said Ammanas in his grim humor. None of which did he find humorous. He walked forward and with his scythe swings to cut the rope hanging Varian to drop him to the ground. He methodically looks about the scene trying to determine just what happened; the noose no doubt was something similar to what had affected the foreign cleric. Maybe if he had gone with these two… 'No none of that, you can't save everyone. Just liked during the wars with Falkovnia....'

“You may have claimed their souls back to the grey realm gods, but I shall not let you claim their bodies as well!” shouted Ammanas angrily into the night, before pulling out his holy symbol and blessing the bodies. He cut a very small cut from his scythe to get a bit of blood flowing form his finger as he traced holy runes into their foreheads so that the grey realm would not infect their bodies. They would need to be buried next… It was going to be a long night.

“Will you help me finish their rites? They need to be buried… “ asked Ammanas looking to Nicodemus he doubted the man’s value system would let bodies rot on the side of the road. Ammanas didn’t fancy burying bodies so close to the holy hour but it would have to be done.
There's always something to lose.

Fraternity of Shadows Discord
https://discord.gg/AM6Kp95ekf
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

When hears the scream Boiros' runs after Ammanas to the scene. At the sight of the two dead bodies and especially when sees Varian actually hanged everything comes back to him. He was trying to do exactly the same thing and the others were trying to prevent it as obviously Xarvil did to Varian. Boiros turns to the other side so nobody sees a tear at the corner of his eye. When sees Ammanas trying to cut the rope Boiros holds still Varian's body to make things esier for him.Then once the rope is cut he gets his holly symbol and prays to Ezra for their souls to be rest in peace but he doesn't get involved at Ammanas' ritual. Varian and Xvaril were Darkonese so the proper thing is a Darkonese cleric to perform the ritual and the funeral. When Ammanas seems to be done, he says to Nicodemus:

"I don't know who messed with my mind before, but I remember now that you and Ammanas were calling my name and tried to stop me from climbing that tree. I was trying to suicide and you have saved my life. Please thank Ammanas for me and also ask him if there is anything I can do to help."
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
Trike
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Trike »

Nicodemus nods grimly as he helps the priests prepare the bodies for their final journey. He moves about this duty slowly as if looking for some further clues as to what happened here.

"Ammanas," he says softly. "Boiros has thanked you for fighting to save his life earlier."

As Nicodemus is closing Varian's eyes. He looks at Caitlyn ever so briefly with worry in his eyes. Then he is back about this dark work.
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

Caitlin stays nervously close to the group, seeming shocked by Varian's death. She gazes into the darkness constantly, seeking any sign of movement
Le Noir Faineant

The night will remain, in darkness and silence.

You will see nobody else on the streets, and nobody else will come for you.

The patrol remains gone, and so do the messengers.

If you search the outskirts of the village, you will find two hanged people.

You do not know them.

You can see the fear in their eyes, as they died.

It fills your hearts with ice.

Please continue here.
Le Noir Faineant

New thread is open now.