Ravenloft in DnD Next and more

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Ishan
Conspirator
Conspirator

Ravenloft in DnD Next and more

Post by Ishan »

Hey there been a fan of Ravenloft since its Night of the Living Dead Module for AD&D.

Played the 3.0 version of Ravenloft. Gotta say I enjoyed it a lot. Now that DnD Next (or DnD 5E) is coming I was wandering if there will be a Ravenloft Setting with the new rules.

Regarding a similar topic is there any witch hunter class (like the prestige class in Ravenloft 3.0) out there. Let me know.

Thanks
Matthew L. Martin
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Re: Ravenloft in DnD Next and more

Post by Matthew L. Martin »

Statements from WotC in a column at Forbes' website are that we can expect Ravenloft material "very soon."
Ishan
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Ishan »

Matthew L. Martin wrote:Statements from WotC in a column at Forbes' website are that we can expect Ravenloft material "very soon."
Thanks for the heads up.

Is there any fan made Witch Hunter class for DnD Next?
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

Matthew L. Martin wrote:Statements from WotC in a column at Forbes' website are that we can expect Ravenloft material "very soon."
That's excellent news. got a link?
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
grimrandall
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by grimrandall »

Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

Ah, thanks! not much more info than Matthew said, but still nice to see!
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Ishan
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Ishan »

Hopefullly we will see it by the end of this year (or maybe in 2015)

There are somethings that I am currently looking before running a conversion of Night of the Living Dead module of AD&D Ravenloft.

1 A Witch Hunter class (fan made of course)
2 Races like Half-Vistani and Calibans.

Let me know if you got a link or a tip.

Thanks
Jester of the FoS
Jester of the Dark Comedy
Jester of the Dark Comedy

Post by Jester of the FoS »

By "soon" they probably mean "the standard Halloween article in Dragon". Unless they're resurrecting the stand alone game.
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

They have been re-selling Ravenloft material nearly every week...
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zilfer »

Yeah I stumbled across this recently too in the Email I was reading about DnD next. Apparently I get newletters from EN World and didn't know! Figures the very first one I read contains a mention of Ravenloft. xD

I'm hopefully but if they do bring it back i'm not sure it will be the "same" ravenloft. We'll see, we can all hold out against hope because isn't that what every hero in ravenloft does? And.... we are all the heroes here.... right...? Riiiiight............ right?!?!?!?!?!?! :Strahd: :azalin:
There's always something to lose.

Fraternity of Shadows Discord
https://discord.gg/AM6Kp95ekf
Bluebomber4evr
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Bluebomber4evr »

Zilfer wrote:Yeah I stumbled across this recently too in the Email I was reading about DnD next. Apparently I get newletters from EN World and didn't know! Figures the very first one I read contains a mention of Ravenloft. xD

I'm hopefully but if they do bring it back i'm not sure it will be the "same" ravenloft. We'll see, we can all hold out against hope because isn't that what every hero in ravenloft does? And.... we are all the heroes here.... right...? Riiiiight............ right?!?!?!?!?!?! :Strahd: :azalin:
Given that their goal with D&D Next is to be compatible with as much previous edition material as possible, it will probably be very close to the Ravenloft we know and love. At the very least any previously produced Ravenloft material should work with a minimum of fuss.

There's also this blog post from Mike Mearls last year which laid out how the cosmology of D&D Next will look, and Ravenloft is given a specific mention: https://www.wizards.com/DnD/Article.asp ... l/20130701
Bluebomber4evr: The Justice, not you, since 2002.
Ravenloft: Prisoners of the Mist Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights: www.nwnravenloft.com