Dark Days in Zherisia (Chapter One: A Loaf of Bread Astray)

Online roleplaying at the Café
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Dark Days in Zherisia (Chapter One: A Loaf of Bread Astr

Post by Zilfer »

"Tricks? by which you must mean magic I presume? If you fear retribution for your arts you've nothing to fear from me Niamh, though I don't speak for the others," said Rendon standing up from his seated position. He noted that a nod with a hat would be most stylish right now, and he grinned over at Pavel. "I think I will buy a hat fairly soon, my new friend."

Turning to the giogoto, and employer he figured she might know best since she was hiring. "Do you know were we could find contacts or, this person himself?"
There's always something to lose.

Fraternity of Shadows Discord
https://discord.gg/AM6Kp95ekf
A G Thing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Location: Currently the Frozen Wastes of Mount Pleasant Michigan

Post by A G Thing »

Pavel smiles as Rendon asks for more on his friend. "He is trained in blade and bullet and can help you move a sight more swiftly round the city than I can but I will still help investigate as well. Was once part of the guard. I know him well."

"I also suggest a top hat if you find you have the coin. Imagine it would look quite good on ya!"

Looking over to the large man who had walked back to his seat he smiled speaking to him in Darkonese once more. "Didn't understand huh... I just assumed since your comment lined up that you might have known what I was saying about cards and playing it silent to listen to us first. And here I thought you were speaking by staying silent to the others. Still you do pull off the silent knowing type. Can see it in your brow." Pavel's look is friendly as he passes the glass of gin over to the tall man. He places his own before him and drinks a little as he munches on the bread.
Metaflux
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Metaflux »

Watching the cold, amber liquid slosh around in the glass as it moved its way across, the knight was reminded of the many liquors he had partaken back at the inn. Some homemade, some imported, but all leading to a dizzying, compulsive, disgusting end, and yet, it helped. In its own way, that bile mixture of sorrow and nightmares illusioned as dreams made his reality just a tad more tolerable.

Reaching a hand out to grasp it, the knight said in the only language he knew, "My name is Sir Wenson Brant, Knight of the Militia of Korg, and I will partake in this mission as a means to appease the honor that is now stripped from me. Merely task me with what needs should be addressed and I shall perform as best I can." Once his little speech was finished, he drank the gin before him, placed the glass back on the table, and resolved to say no more.
A G Thing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by A G Thing »

Pavel looks to Sir Wenson with an understanding nod and replies in Darkonese. "I am sure you will."

Pavel then proceeds to tell the others a moment later in Zherisian. "Sir Wenson Brant Knight of the Militia of Korg is here and has decided to offer his services in however the mission requires. From the title one can assume some skill with conflict to follow."

Looking over to Isabella, Pavel nods to her. "Seems time to give us our information. Everyone has volunteered to join your effort." Pavel takes another drink and winces with a smile as the Gin burned slightly as it went down. "So lets hear it."
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

A G Thing wrote:Pavel looks to Sir Wenson with an understanding nod and replies in Darkonese. "I am sure you will."

Pavel then proceeds to tell the others a moment later in Zherisian. "Sir Wenson Brant Knight of the Militia of Korg is here and has decided to offer his services in however the mission requires. From the title one can assume some skill with conflict to follow."

Looking over to Isabella, Pavel nods to her. "Seems time to give us our information. Everyone has volunteered to join your effort." Pavel takes another drink and winces with a smile as the Gin burned slightly as it went down. "So lets hear it."

Miranda says with a smirk on her face in response to Sir Wenson in Darkonese "I am sure you will too. I am Miranda by the way."
Metaflux
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Metaflux »

Once the gin made it's way down his throat, Wenson glanced over at the wench with an aggressive mood. Never had he really thought about what civilians wore until he looked at her tabbard. Yet another symbol of some religion he had no clue about. Looking at his own attire, the knight felt at least a little more comfortable. Plain black trousers, a white buttoned shirt with a black vest matching the black of his polished shoes. Surely, one might think he was mourning, but with the abyssmal atmosphere of the city, he realized it was quite normal. The only thing absolutely peculiar about him was his facial features, for he, himself, was a half elf, and anyone could see it, if they looked past his long dark brown hair. Ears exposed themselves just barely as they seemed to poke out of the tendrils. Wenson's eyes were a pale green, though what with the mist and all, everyone assumed them to be grey. Not a speck of facial hair grew on his chin, but his jaw line was sharper and bolder than most would think of an elf. All of this would be noticed by someone who merely took a closer look.

While letting his gaze wander over Maranda for a moment, Wenson reached for the pitcher of gin, filled his glass halfway, and took another sip, all without looking away. What of it? She's quite attractive. Dominant mood and quick with the tongue, though...No...she's too sassy. One day, she'll get a mouth full of piss and vinegar, but it won't be from me, Wenson thought to himself, and with that, his gaze returned, regrettably, to his drink.
A G Thing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by A G Thing »

Finally Pavel turns to Niamh with a quick but grim smile... "He likes making pain for bad people. He likes it a lot. And not much else... Just don't waste his time an he should leave you be." Pavel's smile gets a little lighter as he speaks. "Unless you done some bad things he knows about..." But then it's back to the same grim smile before taking a pleasant bite of his bread.