Get your gp ready. We're embarking on a new venture!

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Get your gp ready. We're embarking on a new venture!

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

Esteemed members of the Fraternity,
Miladies,

As you know, costs are rising everywhere, and web hosting is no exception.
Providing the most comprehensive repository of Ravenloft knowledge, an active fan community, and high-quality content has always been our 1st priority.
Rendering this service for free is a core commitment we have held to, and will continue to maintain.
In light of the increased costs, we have had to search for sources of revenue while keeping the site free to use.
Luckily, we have found a solution that should keep everyone happy: Announcing.... The...

Fraternity of Shadows store!

Our supplier has partnered with WotC to provide a range of products that our fans should enjoy. Clothing, stickers, even an awesome smartphone app! And more will be coming soon!

Of course, you are under no obligation to buy anything. The forum and our archives will remain free, whether you make a purchase or not. But trust me, once you see these amazing items, you'll be tempted to spoil yourself! Don't wait!

Live operation of the store starts next week, but we've set up a special preview of some of the officially licensed products that will be available. (NOTE: you will be able to shop and add items to your cart, but you won't be able to check out until the store is officially open.)

Sincerely,

Ron Laufer
For everybody at the Souragne Fraternity of Shadows

PS - If you have ideas for other products we might sell in the future, feel free to suggest them in this thread.

"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Re: Get your gp ready. We're embarking on a new venture!

Post by alhoon »

I added to my cart the Dukkar sticker and the Toben the many Snuggie. I don't have a car, but I want the sticker on my fridge anyway.
How are shipping costs calculated? Will I pay a single shipping cost for both things?
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

alhoon wrote:I added to my cart the Dukkar sticker and the Toben the many Snuggie. I don't have a car, but I want the sticker on my fridge anyway.
How are shipping costs calculated? Will I pay a single shipping cost for both things?
We're still working out the kinks in the shipping calculator. The snuggies and stickers are stored in two different warehouses, so it may be difficult to bundle them together. I'll get back to you.

Thanks for the early support. As the first official customer, you've won a free* Godefroy Bobble-head! *(plus shipping)
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Catman Jim
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Catman Jim »

I've already downloaded and installed the cellphone App, can't wait to use it today! Thanks!
I only wish I had retired sooner!
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Catman Jim wrote:I've already downloaded and installed the cellphone App, can't wait to use it today! Thanks!
Congrats, you've unlocked another hidden promotion! As the first customer for our digital department, you will receive a free* Dollhouse of Lament! (*plus shipping)
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

:shock:
My niece is turning 3 in mid May. I need that dollhouse. Why isn't it listed?

Look, I don't want to criticize and I fully support this endeavor but I'm kinda let off by your lack of professionalism. If there's a dollhouse of lament, I want to buy a doll house of lament. We should be able to see everything, not just the teasers. What if I went to buy a random "my little pony" commercial waste-of-money instead of supporting the game we all love and the site I've been part for 10+ years?

Don't take that criticism the wrong way. I just try to help you improve the efforts.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

I assure you, we're getting products up as fast as we can. There are bound to be a few growing pains, as this is a whole new technology for us. Please bear with us. I will send you a discount coupon for the dollhouse as soon as it's publicly available.
Catman Jim
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Catman Jim »

Gonzoron of the FoS wrote:
Catman Jim wrote:I've already downloaded and installed the cellphone App, can't wait to use it today! Thanks!
Congrats, you've unlocked another hidden promotion! As the first customer for our digital department, you will receive a free* Dollhouse of Lament! (*plus shipping)
Great news on the bonus! My granddaughter will love this, I would like priority shipping so she she can have it by Easter. :lament:
I only wish I had retired sooner!
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zilfer »

Ordered one of everything to help support. Hopefully that will last you guys for awhile.
There's always something to lose.

Fraternity of Shadows Discord
https://discord.gg/AM6Kp95ekf
Skyrock
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by Skyrock »

I assume shipping will be from the US?

More digital goods would be good then for us Euros. I don't mind to throw a few coins every now and then at the site, but I mind to see half of it vaporize uselessly for all sides on shipping.
Nun gut, es sei dir überlassen!
Zieh diesen Geist von seinem Urquell ab
Und führ ihn, kannst du ihn erfassen
Auf deinem Wege mit herab.
- Faust I
Jester of the FoS
Jester of the Dark Comedy
Jester of the Dark Comedy

Post by Jester of the FoS »

Skyrock wrote:I assume shipping will be from the US?

More digital goods would be good then for us Euros. I don't mind to throw a few coins every now and then at the site, but I mind to see half of it vaporize uselessly for all sides on shipping.
Thanks to the Fraternity's alliance with the Vistani, shipping is worldwide but priced as local shipping, since we can cut through the Mists.
Skyrock
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by Skyrock »

Another thing especially for Euro customers buying digital goods: Are you set up to deal with the EU VAT MOSS change effective since the beginning of this year?
The thing has already stopped a lot of small digital businesses selling directly to Europe, and will continue to stay a major headache for digital sellers without a big and trained accounting staff until the EU finally deems to fix it (i.e. nevar).
- Faust I
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Our legal research tells us we fall under a little-known sub-provision of the EU VAT MOSS regulation called "OO DAT MIST". So, we should be in the clear.
Skyrock
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by Skyrock »

Gonzoron of the FoS wrote:"OO DAT MIST"
For those of you not well-versed in EU tax law: It is "Obfusucatedly Omniversal Darknet-Aided Teleselling Makes International Sales Taxfree", the layman's term for EU tax regulation D 42 667 / 2015.

Of course, why didn't I think of that earlier? That solves that problem. Can't wait to begin shopping soon :)
- Faust I
mason
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by mason »

Man, I really would like to have one of those Vardo stickers!