POVERO Campaign OOC

Online roleplaying at the Café
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 12102
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:12 pm

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Post by steveflam »

In your games 45% is like 5% so Im fine with my decision (Remembering Norzak for instance)
User avatar
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 28523
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Post by ewancummins »

steveflam wrote:In your games 45% is like 5% so Im fine with my decision (Remembering Norzak for instance)



It looks to me like you are saying I fudge the rolls (which would be made in the open here, as we have been doing) to hurt the player characters. I do not. And could not, even if I wanted to in this case because it is an open roll on the dice roller.

Norzak died because of player choices and bad luck. That sucked for you but it was not DM fiat.
I liked him, I like having you in the game now, but I'm not interested in player versus DM antagonism. It ruins play for the others.
So let's fix this problem before it festers.

I would have done this by PM, but your negative post is in the open for everyone to read.
So I am addressing this problem here in the open.

Do you want to keep playing or do you wish to resign? I don't want you to hang on out of some sense that I would stop being your cyber-friend if you resigned. I would not have any hard feelings over the matter. We play to have fun. When it really stops being fun, quitting is not a bad idea.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
User avatar
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 28523
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Post by ewancummins »

alhoon wrote:
ewancummins wrote:
alhoon wrote:Fild doesn't mind staying in Barracks. He would like to spent some time with the guards to see what's their view on the situation and get a "feel" of how much they blame the party for putting the whole city in jeopardy.
And if he warms up with a guard, that's good too.

CHR check, please.
[dice]226071:0[/dice]

Preeetty good.
Yep.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 12102
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:12 pm

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Post by steveflam »

ewancummins wrote:
steveflam wrote:In your games 45% is like 5% so Im fine with my decision (Remembering Norzak for instance)



It looks to me like you are saying I fudge the rolls (which would be made in the open here, as we have been doing) to hurt the player characters. I do not. And could not, even if I wanted to in this case because it is an open roll on the dice roller.

Norzak died because of player choices and bad luck. That sucked for you but it was not DM fiat.
I liked him, I like having you in the game now, but I'm not interested in player versus DM antagonism. It ruins play for the others.
So let's fix this problem before it festers.

I would have done this by PM, but your negative post is in the open for everyone to read.
So I am addressing this problem here in the open.

Do you want to keep playing or do you wish to resign? I don't want you to hang on out of some sense that I would stop being your cyber-friend if you resigned. I would not have any hard feelings over the matter. We play to have fun. When it really stops being fun, quitting is not a bad idea.
I think you're mistaking my comment. If I thought you fudged rolls I'd say so. Secondly, I rolled the 1, not you. Thirdly I like Gertie. End of story..

I'm here cause I want to play and have fun,,,,,, there was a small misunderstanding about a post last week which can happen. If I complain or whatnot, it's nothing against you....

I presume we can say if we are happy or not about certain situations without having to really go into wishing to play or not. Anyhow that's all I've got to say about it.
User avatar
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 28523
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Post by ewancummins »

I do not think I am mistaken.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 12102
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:12 pm

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Post by steveflam »

Well I don't want you nor I to feel any animosity or anything else towards each other, so I will resign.

Good luck with this game and any other you pursue in the future.
User avatar
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 28523
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Post by ewancummins »

steveflam wrote:Well I don't want you nor I to feel any animosity or anything else towards each other, so I will resign.

Good luck with this game and any other you pursue in the future.
Thanks. Sometimes bailing is for the best. We both left Alhoon's game to save it for him and the other players, after all.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
User avatar
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 28523
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Post by ewancummins »

announcement


I respect Steve's decision. He did what he thought was best for the game and the group, as did I. Let's please not have a long review of the situation and its resolution in OOC. But if anyone has questions, comments, or concerns, I want you to feel free to PM me. Constructive criticism and feedback is always welcome.
If anybody else wishes to resign, let me know.

If not, I am assuming we are still on.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
User avatar
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace
Posts: 9082
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2003 6:46 pm
Location: Chania or Athens // Greece

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Post by alhoon »

That's quite sad occurrence but I'll respect the opinions of both of you and say that I wish to continue.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
User avatar
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 28523
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Post by ewancummins »

I have consulted with the original player and made future arrangements for GERTIE, as per that player's wishes.

She is now an NPC, but if someone asks to join and gets approved, he can take GERTIE over.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
User avatar
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 28523
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Post by ewancummins »

I may also open another slot, as Zilfer is so far unable to return.
But I will NOT give Damien to another player. He will remain an NPC, reclaimable by Zilfer if he returns to active play at some point.

The party as of now:

ALFONSE, played by Adam

FILD, played by Alhoon

TOM, played by Van

TITUS, played by Varrus the Ethical

DAMIEN , an NPC

GERTIE, an NPC
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
User avatar
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden
Posts: 6649
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2003 9:53 am
Location: Italy // Greece

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Post by VAN »

I liked Gertie :(

Well Steve I hope we can play again in another game :)
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
User avatar
Metaflux
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 256
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 11:14 pm

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Post by Metaflux »

Hey guys. How's it going?

1st set:
[dice]0[/dice]
[dice]1[/dice]
[dice]2[/dice]
[dice]3[/dice]
[dice]4[/dice]
[dice]5[/dice]

2nd set:
[dice]6[/dice]
[dice]7[/dice]
[dice]8[/dice]
[dice]9[/dice]
[dice]10[/dice]
[dice]11[/dice]
User avatar
Metaflux
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 256
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 11:14 pm

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Post by Metaflux »

I went ahead and read the beginning post of this thread, and I do have one question. In my first set of stats, I got a four. May I reroll that, or is that static?

edit: I read the replacement post you added, so I'll change the 4 to 11 with a set as follows: 9, 11, 11, 17, 10, 10

I am running into a slight issue. I don't have AD&D books, at all. Do you guys know of a site I could use?
User avatar
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 28523
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Post by ewancummins »

Metaflux wrote:I went ahead and read the beginning post of this thread, and I do have one question. In my first set of stats, I got a four. May I reroll that, or is that static?

edit: I read the replacement post you added, so I'll change the 4 to 11 with a set as follows: 9, 11, 11, 17, 10, 10

I am running into a slight issue. I don't have AD&D books, at all. Do you guys know of a site I could use?

That first set isn't bad at all. A bunch of averages and one very high score (INT, because we are going in order).

Will you take Gertie (no scores needed; she's complete. ) or would you like a new PC?

I can go either way.

The modified first set qualifies for:


Fighter

Thief

Cleric

Wizard

Wizard would be optimal for the scores, but don't feel bound by that.
High INT gives you more non-weapon skills in the rules I am using.


You may choose any race from the PHB. (We have a races poll up, but it is not complete).

Humans and half-elves: no adj.

Elves: +1 DEX, -1 CON

Dwarves: +1 CON, -1CHR

Halflings: +1 DEX, -1 STR

Gnomes: +1 INT, -1 WIS

Not that dwarves and Halflings cannot be wizards, and gnomes can be illusionists (needs higher dex) but not (nonspecialist) mages.
Any race can be a fighter, thief, or cleric.
Multiclass is possible for demihumans. Slow advancement.

Dual-class is something humans can do later, but you won't qualify with that set.

So whatever class you pick is something he will stay in.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
Post Reply