LOST TRAILS 4: Return to Monksblade

Online roleplaying at the Café
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Re: LOST TRAILS 4: Return to Monksblade

Post by kintire »

Kat watches the exchange calmly, her mind elsewhere, then seems to tune back in to the conversation.

"Far be it from me to disagree with the ruined city plan, but I am not sure it would help to go where such a thing happened ages ago. we need something current. that wood sounded like our best bet to me. A portal that exists today is surely a better bet?"
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

kintire wrote:Kat watches the exchange calmly, her mind elsewhere, then seems to tune back in to the conversation.

"Far be it from me to disagree with the ruined city plan, but I am not sure it would help to go where such a thing happened ages ago. we need something current. that wood sounded like our best bet to me. A portal that exists today is surely a better bet?"
Governor Samus says,
"You might be right. If your party decides to go to Weathercote Wood, I can't provide transport for more than a little of the long, long way. But I can at least issue a pass that should get you into the border-town of Wheloon. From there you'd have to take your chances crossing through the heart of Old Cormyr. It used to be a great kingdom, but now it's all chopped up, fought over by squabbling lords, brigands, and monsters. Always a little war going on someplace...
The rival kings in Suzail and Arabel claim a lot more territory than they really rule. Our victory over them both in the last war hasn't inspired them to reconcile their claims and unite, thank goodness! It seems the royal cousins blame one another."
She puts on a rueful smile and shakes her head.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Adam »

Bennedict sighs and closes his notebook. As he slowly ties the leather strings to bind it shut, what small light was in his eyes fades. "You are right, of course. There is no point going on a wild snipe hunt. It was foolish to get my hopes up."

He settles back into his chair, a look of defeat on his face. "Perhaps the sage may know more. And the relationship between Klokuf's homeland and our Nova Vaassa is intriguing. I vote we go that way. It may be an active portal, yes, but we do not know to where. We may end up even more lost."
"Of course," Benn mutters, "It would be a damned shame if we ever knew what the hell was actually going on."
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Adam wrote:Bennedict sighs and closes his notebook. As he slowly ties the leather strings to bind it shut, what small light was in his eyes fades. "You are right, of course. There is no point going on a wild snipe hunt. It was foolish to get my hopes up."

He settles back into his chair, a look of defeat on his face. "Perhaps the sage may know more. And the relationship between Klokuf's homeland and our Nova Vaassa is intriguing. I vote we go that way. It may be an active portal, yes, but we do not know to where. We may end up even more lost."

Samus says,
''Don't lose heart, Bennedict Gehrmann. You got here by magic. Magic of some sort may yet send you home. And the world--this world, my world-- was connected with many distant places in past ages, or so the sages all seem to agree. What's more, I've heard that some very powerful mages can walk beyond the bounds of Toril, even to the stars and the homes of the gods. I don't believe every story I hear, but I don't discount a thing just because I've not seen it with my own eyes. There are many wonders.''
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

Wolfglide of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Wolfglide of the Fraternity »

Klokulf looks to Bennedict, asking, "Do you mean to suggest we visit a sage and then possibly continue on to Vaasa?"

He scans the map for a moment, then grins. "I would second that," he says, tracing his finger along the roads. He tracks deeper into Sembia, then up through the forest of Cormanthor, through Zhentil Keep, and then across a couple of mountain passes before stopping in Vaasa.
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Raen turns to Bennedict "I believe we should look for a sage, or more. Let's get some more information before we decide where we will head to."
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Governor Samus finishes her wine.

She reaches into her desk retrieves a small box.
"Here, please take this."

She hands it to Klokulf.

Inside, he finds a necklace and matching earrings, red gold set with polished garnets.

"A present to me, and now I'm giving it to you. Your party will need money on the trip. Anyway, I hardly ever wore that stuff. One nice thing about being Governor out here on the frontier is there aren't many fancy dress parties to attend."
She laughs.

Wolfglide of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Wolfglide of the Fraternity »

Klokulf chuckles reciprocally. "Nor has my work required such outings of me," he replies as he slips the box into a pocket for safekeeping. "Thank you very much."
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Wolfglide wrote:Klokulf chuckles reciprocally. "Nor has my work required such outings of me," he replies as he slips the box into a pocket for safekeeping. "Thank you very much."

''You're welcome, Klokulf."

The Governor talks with the party a little longer before she must return to her administrative duties.

END OF CHAPTER