The Harrowdale Horror: Part 5

Online roleplaying at the Café
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Re: The Harrowdale Horror: Part 5

Post by kintire »

Katrin smiles, slightly amused. She's heard far worse, but now doesn't seem the time to mention that.

"Ruins you say? that sounds like a better place to look for these people than farms or woods..."
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

kintire wrote:Katrin smiles, slightly amused. She's heard far worse, but now doesn't seem the time to mention that.

"Ruins you say? that sounds like a better place to look for these people than farms or woods..."

Drogo the clerk nods, chins waggling.
"Aye, mistress, the ruins of Halvan's Keep stand out that way, atop a hill. Not all ruined now--workmen cleared part of it and began rebuilding, but last I saw it was still a shambles..."
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

"Right then! People's lives are at risk, and we don't know what the deadline for rescue is. Lets head to these ruins, dropping off Mr. Drogo somewhere safe on the way, head to this keep, find the problem, kill it, job done! Well apart from some mop up possibly."

She begins cleaning and preparing her kit
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

The fishing boat carrying Alwina and the two locals bumps up against the pier.

Willen moors the craft, and then assists Alwina in debarking.
The boy, Randal, hops out onto the boardwalk and rushes over to see what the party is up to.

Randal clears up the mystery of the missing ship: the Ship Master sailed it into a sheltered cove a short distance north. Last the boy saw from the deck of his father's fishing boat, the big cargo ship remained there. He says the master of the ship , who hailed them across the water, reported all was well. He had moved the ship to ride out the storm without entering the city harbor.

Alwina soon joins the party, with the fisherman, Willen, coming along behind her.
The maiden casts a wary glance at Klokulf's green prisoner, but asks no questions yet, as she sees the others are busy.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

Wolfglide of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Wolfglide of the Fraternity »

kintire wrote:"Right then! People's lives are at risk, and we don't know what the deadline for rescue is. Lets head to these ruins, dropping off Mr. Drogo somewhere safe on the way, head to this keep, find the problem, kill it, job done! Well apart from some mop up possibly."

She begins cleaning and preparing her kit
Klokulf smooths out his mustache in thought, then replies, "Though it may be out of our way, perhaps we ought to look for records of Halvan at the Temple of Oghma, as the acolyte suggested. I am leery of rushing in without my prayers, and the extra information could be of use."
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Raen pondered for a moment "I don't want to get in those ruins at night. But I also want to check for whatever information is available. Does anyone have an estimation how long it would take us to reach the manor before we make a decision whether to do a sidetrack?"
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

alhoon wrote:Raen pondered for a moment "I don't want to get in those ruins at night. But I also want to check for whatever information is available. Does anyone have an estimation how long it would take us to reach the manor before we make a decision whether to do a sidetrack?"

Perielle says, "Well, if you haven't got a map, you've got me. I know the way to all these places. It's all in town or at the outskirts. We could visit the Temple of Oghma and check out the ruins and return here all during the daylight hours, no problem, unless something slows us.."
VIEW CONTENT:
The party does have a map.

You guys are where it reads 'pier.'

https://www.realmshelps.net/faerun/dale ... town.shtml

You were close to the ruins at the Civic Hall. Woods in the way.

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Alwina asks the adventurers,
"What do you plan to do?"

alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

"Get you safe first, and then head to the strange manor, perhaps with a detour on the way." He looks at the others to see if the detour is still on the books.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
Wolfglide of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Wolfglide of the Fraternity »

"I would strongly favor the detour, lest my uses be few at the ruins," states Klokulf as he glances to the sun.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Periele says,''The quickest way...''

END OF CHAPTER