Daughter of Chezna the Blood-Cat

Discussing all things Ravenloft
DeepShadow of FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Daughter of Chezna the Blood-Cat

Post by DeepShadow of FoS »

One of my players is looking to play a Half-Vistani Oracle from Nova Vaasa, now living in Darkon. She's going to be completely blind, and she's really raw emotionally on the topics of being a "freak" and a "cripple" and a "half-breed." The topic of darklings came up for parents, and that made me think of Chezna. I've never read any of the books that had her, and it makes me wonder what she would be like as a mother. Would she abandon the child? Keep and exploit her? Does Chezna have a role in her father's schemes, like some of the others? What effect would that demonic blood have on the PC?
The Avariel has borrowed wings,
The Puppeteer must cut the strings
The Orphan Queen must take the throne
The Queen of Orphans calls them home
Wolfglide of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Daughter of Chezna the Blood-Cat

Post by Wolfglide of the Fraternity »

DeepShadow of FoS wrote:What effect would that demonic blood have on the PC?
Perhaps the Abyssal Heritor feats from Fiendish Codex I: Hordes of the Abyss, page 82, would be a place to look, at least mechanically.
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

There's not a whole lot on Chezna in the books. She's a bandit, a darkling, she's got red hair, which is all but unknown among vistani. She wants to steal enough gold to bribe her way back into her tribe with gifts of fancy vardos (a dubious plan at best). She worked with Othmar for a time, but attempted to blackmail him with that fact, and he tried to cross her off in retaliation. Now she keeps on the move to avoid any assassins sent by Othmar. Her bandits use gruesome methods to scare off interlopers such as displaying mutilated corpses.... And that's about all you get on her. Her being a child of the GC was implied in Gaz V and eventually confirmed by the Kargatane.

So pretty much blank slate. up to you where to take her.
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
The Giamarga
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by The Giamarga »

Check out Pathfinder‘s demonic corruption rules from Horror Realms for inspiration.