LOST TRAILS OOC

Online roleplaying at the Café
Wolfglide of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: LOST TRAILS OOC

Post by Wolfglide of the Fraternity »

ewancummins wrote:Is Klokulf taking his slave with him?
Yes.

Also, could he get off a subtle prayer for detect thoughts while the clerk is distracted? He doesn't want to scan surface thoughts (yet), just get a sense of people there and make sure there are no invisible sources of intelligence skulking around. He can concentrate on it for 5 minutes. Due to a class ability, it's a 60' radius sphere rather than a 60' cone.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

He can try.

Sleight of hand

Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

spot

Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

You lucked out, Wolfglide.

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Klokulf doesn't notice anything untoward until the party arrives at the parlour.

A mind...nearby...but not belonging someone he can see. And not, he thinks, in the chamber, but very close. A stranger.

That, and he realizes--if he hasn't figured it out already--that Alain is really smart.
In game terms, a 23 INT!

Benn 18

Raen 16

Katrin 15

the stranger...

Last edited by ewancummins on Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:46 pm, edited 4 times in total.

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

PCs do get a spot check to see that Klokulf cast that spell.

Alain

spot

Benn

Raen

Nope.

Slick Rick

Evil Genius
Evil Genius

I would like to try and glean surface thoughts from the stranger. The Will save DC is 16.

I know detect thoughts does not give me a location for minds I cannot physically see, but does there happen to be a thick pewter platter or something similar in the room that could block the spell? I figure if Klokulf were to move it around his head until the stranger's mind vanished, he could get the direction the stranger is in.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

No pewter platter, nope.

He could grab all the pewter goblets and arrange them upside down in a circle around his head while stretching out on the floor under the table, I suppose.
That won't completely cover his head.

Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Well, I will skip that. I am sure someone would walk in on me. Maybe I can look into buying tableware later. I will just stick with reading the stranger's mind.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Wolfglide wrote:Well, I will skip that. I am sure someone would walk in on me. Maybe I can look into buying tableware later. I will just stick with reading the stranger's mind.

WILL SAVE

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Made the save.

Klokulf fails to discern the stranger's thoughts. All he knows is that an unknown intelligent being seems to be within the range of his spell. He sees only his companions.

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

I have not included Sir Clive in the
inside' posts, pending notification from his player as to that PC's action. Is he going in or staying outside? Something else?

Actions for PCs in the parlor/meeting room? Just waiting, or doing anything? Talking? Other?

alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Well, Raen is very interested in that uber-aura of Kat that seems to have manifested since the last time he checked her, which coincidentally was before Kat went alone through the hungry-god portal.
But this is hardly the place to act on it.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

alhoon wrote:Well, Raen is very interested in that uber-aura of Kat that seems to have manifested since the last time he checked her, which coincidentally was before Kat went alone through the hungry-god portal.
But this is hardly the place to act on it.

Natch.

Neither members of the party nor their possessions have been checked by Raen in quite some time, in fact.

For that discreet observation of Katrin and any unguarded or surprised reaction she might show to his words, sense motive:

amulet bonus added...

Nothing, unless Kintire decides that Katrin has some visible reaction that can be easily interpreted, or says something. That's entirely up to the player.

Otherwise...

spellcraft

INT check to recall past casting results...

Don't worry about that. ;)

As for the source of that near-blinding magical aura that Katrin has picked up...

spellcraft

He can't make heads or tails of it.
All he knows is that it seems not to be coming directly from her, but from something in her possession.

RocEter
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by RocEter »

Clive will join the others
History prefers legends to men. It prefers nobility to brutality, soaring speeches to quiet deeds. History remembers the battle and forgets the blood. What ever history remembers of me if it remembers me at all, it shall only be the fraction of the truth.