LOST TRAILS OOC

Online roleplaying at the Café
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: LOST TRAILS OOC

Post by ewancummins »

I capped the chapter to allow all players time to catch up.

As you guys do that, let me know. When I see most or all of the group is ready, we can open the next chapter. Some players have been busy IRL;I don't want to race too far ahead of them.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

QUESTIONS to help me set up the next chapter:

1 Is anyone going to investigate that scream/check on NPCs?

2 last couple of lizardmen: made prisoners, slain out of hand, driven away, ignored, what?

3 Anyone going into the water?

4 Other actions? Other plans?
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

Apologies, i have had a bit of a busy patch: back shortly
Wolfglide of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Wolfglide of the Fraternity »

ewancummins wrote:QUESTIONS to help me set up the next chapter:

Once he hears the scream, Klokulf will dash over.
Besides concern for Alwina, Theophilus was expensive.
ewancummins wrote: 2 last couple of lizardmen: made prisoners, slain out of hand, driven away, ignored, what?
I think we should get as much information about the dragon as we can out of them (name, when it showed up, particular activities/plans, etc.).
Klokulf wouldn't say "no" to killing them, but he won't be the one to suggest it first.
SkiBird
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by SkiBird »

^^ Meela will second [most of] that. Investigate & interrogate.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Skill rolls, as needed

May not come into effect, depending on what happens in the trees/to NPCs.....

Gather information

Know Geography

Intimidate

Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Adam »

I'll check with Everline to find out how she got here. And I can try to play good cop with the lizardmen to find out where the creature's lair is.
"Of course," Benn mutters, "It would be a damned shame if we ever knew what the hell was actually going on."
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

good cop

diplomacy

I'm assuming Klokulf is the 'bad cop' using that intimidate roll.

But none of this comes into platy before the PC's investigating that scream find...

Wolfglide of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Wolfglide of the Fraternity »

ewancummins wrote:I'm assuming Klokulf is the 'bad cop' using that intimidate roll.
Of course, we always have Sir Clive as worse cop! He got that wizard talking!
Lord Skybolt
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Skybolt »

Alain after finding out that in his opinion that the dragon used magic(invisibility) to sneak away to lick its wounds . He will go to investigate the Scream ASAP . This is not based on skill roll but surmise based on information given . Since the Spell he plans to get to get when he goes up a lvl is See Invisbility for these exact situations and also to make a certain magic item(Blindfold of True Darkness) that can he will willing make for others at cost .

P.S. Alain will actually try to act as part of the Bad cop team in questioning the lizard men using magic to help the prisoners want to answer our questions quickly for there health .
"Evil only endures when good people remain silent ."
Tony inspired by Thomas Jefferson .
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

Okay, apologies, I am back!

Katrin will start interrogating the lizards about dragon lair locations, trying to look as if she actually wants to know...
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

ewancummins wrote:QUESTIONS to help me set up the next chapter:

2 last couple of lizardmen: made prisoners, slain out of hand, driven away, ignored, what?

3 Anyone going into the water?

4 Other actions? Other plans?
Heeey there, sorry for the delay!
The dragon is covered with glitterdust so invisibility wouldn't have worked... for a few rounds. Since it's MORE than 7 rounds, we should think of other things to locate an invisible flying dragon.

Raen would suggest "locate creature" or "Detect evil" if someone has it. "See invisibility" would also work I think. But since someone saw the dragon and started screaming, Raen would head that way.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Oh,I've tracked durations very carefully, never you fear.

There's something else, but I won't give it away. Player-characters may discover it with further investigation.

I have not specified Sir Clive's location, as his player hasn't posted anything yet. That's entirely up to him.

If RocEter doesn't post in time and the scene moves on, I will assume his PC was standing guard near some of the others with his great killing blade ready for more work.

We have two mini-scenes now. One in/around the Mound and one south of the lake in the treeline..
Call it between a spear throw and a bowshot's distance.

The moon is out and the night isn't heavily overcast. One group can hallo or signal the other without difficulty, if need be. If you want to converse without shouting very loudly, though, you will need to get closer or rendezvous.

alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

ewancummins wrote:
There's something else, but I won't give it away.
Raen thinks it's invisibility and that's the theory he promotes though. :) Anyway, he goes to investigate the scream, but he doesn't want to go alone.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

See the update. He is not alone.