Curse of the Witch-King OOC

Online roleplaying at the Café
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Re: Curse of the Witch-King OOC

Post by kintire »

I agree that talking to them might be nice, thirty people is a lot and annoying the rulers of the place we are about to go to is unwise...

Happy New Year by the way!
Lord Skybolt
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Skybolt »

I guess you not read about Alain being able to Cast Fireball now Kintire . Well his can do 9D6+7 Damage as well to 20 foot Radius . Do you know how many people can fit in that, trust me it is alot of people . And camps are not usually set up in such situation to avoide Fireballs but to defend against much more conventional warfare so think more like circle the wagons for purposes of defenses . And unlike normal Wiz who first gets access to fireball spell I can cast it much more than once a day . And that is not the only offensive 3rd spell I can cast that day no prep required . You could say with my leveling up I rather boosted the parties firepower by whole order of magnitude . If you can access Complete Arcane just look what happens when a Warmage Reaches 6th lvl and you will see what I mean(known Spells) .
"Evil only endures when good people remain silent ."
Tony inspired by Thomas Jefferson .
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

:Brain:
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

kintire wrote:I agree that talking to them might be nice, thirty people is a lot and annoying the rulers of the place we are about to go to is unwise...

Happy New Year by the way!

Happy New Year!

:azalin:
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

Wolfglide of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Wolfglide of the Fraternity »

Happy New Year!
ewancummins wrote:Klokulf having recovered from the roper's malignant touch...
Do you mean to say completely recovered, or am I still waiting on noon prayers for a shot at restoring the last 3 points?
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

I've jumped ahead of few days so he's completely recovered assuming rest and use of spells.

Everyone will be at full hit points.

Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Klokulf prepares the following spells when noon comes:
VIEW CONTENT:
Cleric
0 --- detect magic (x2), read magic, light, amanuensis
1st --- deathwatch, shield of faith (x2), bless, disguise self*
2nd --- cure moderate wounds, spiritual weapon, body blades, detect thoughts*
3rd --- demon dirge, daylight, clairaudience/clairvoyance*
* Domain spell
Wizard
0 --- ghost sound, mage hand, dancing lights
1st --- chill touch, detect secret doors
Did he get to copy down the see invisibility spell during the rest period? He would have needed 200 gp in writing supplies to do so.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Wolfglide wrote:Klokulf prepares the following spells when noon comes:
VIEW CONTENT:
Cleric
0 --- detect magic (x2), read magic, light, amanuensis
1st --- deathwatch, shield of faith (x2), bless, disguise self*
2nd --- cure moderate wounds, spiritual weapon, body blades, detect thoughts*
3rd --- demon dirge, daylight, clairaudience/clairvoyance*
* Domain spell
Wizard
0 --- ghost sound, mage hand, dancing lights
1st --- chill touch, detect secret doors
Did he get to copy down the see invisibility spell during the rest period? He would have needed 200 gp in writing supplies to do so.

He'll have to wait on delivery of supplies. Olek's Cairn has a general store, but it does not carry much in the way of scroll-making or spellbook-related supplies.

Evil Genius
Evil Genius

If they don't have what he needs in town, would he be able to find it in Maur-Eturo? He can't cast the spell yet anyway, so perhaps he might as well wait until the next major city.
Lord Skybolt
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Skybolt »

Alain picked See Invisible as known spell for the Character so we covered if we need to use it . Also another party member has low duration use of the spell via a magic item once per day .
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Wolfglide wrote:If they don't have what he needs in town, would he be able to find it in Maur-Eturo? He can't cast the spell yet anyway, so perhaps he might as well wait until the next major city.
Supplies would be available in the city, yes.

Lord Skybolt
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Skybolt »

Taking good look around while our spokesmen tries to talk to someone inside .
Spot Check
0 +10
sorry I not specify for character but that was for Alain .

Here one for Fala Spot check is
1 +15
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Could we figure out which way these people might have gone from here? I am mostly hoping they didn't happen to wander toward the Darkling Stair.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

If they left the area then for some reason they didn't take the horses stabled in the barn with them. Those animals remain, unattended. Lord Skybolt's characters looked around outside and didn't find any obvious signs of the group's departure. Of course there are some footprints in the dust.
As noted on the IC thread you've been able to peek inside the building and see a bit of the interior. But no one has searched the old farmhouse yet. You all remain outside of it.

Evil Genius
Evil Genius

ewancummins wrote:(I will edit this isn't what you wish to do, but it seems you are decided upon returning now.)

The party soon returns to Olek's Cairn.

Klokulf busies himself with preparations for further exploration and travel. The Darkling Stair awaits, there's business to be conducted in Maur-Eturo, and further North lies Castle Perilous, teh former seat of Zhenghyi the WItch-King.

Katrin, when not assisting Klokulf as per their bargain , has a chance to rest and relax in the little town. There is not much worth stealing here, unless she wants to sink to the level of ripping off trappers and farmers or looting the settlement's general store.
The people prove friendly once she gets past a certain gruff exterior. Beer helps. The local brew is sludgy and yeasty, like liquid bread. The people call it 'dwarf-brew', but the pair of Dwarf merchants passing through town and staying in the tavern evidently prefer an expensive imported brandy.

Alain picks up a rumor that the Warlock-Knights have issued a decree demanding all workers of arcane magic pay a steep tribute, swear fealty to their order, or be banished from Vaasa. He doesn't see a copy of any such proclamation, He just hears it second hand from a peddler who isn't so sure of the details.

Fala gets pestered with questions about Katrin from unmarried local men and older boys, who seem as impressed by the bearskin she's had tanned and the story of how she fought the bear it once covered as by the young human woman's looks (evidently the redhead is quite good-looking by human standards).

The evening passes into night and the sun goes down on a party well-prepared for the next step in Klokulf's search for artifacts.
Klokulf is getting pretty anxious about how long we are spending in this town. As long as he had daylight prepared, he would have been in favor of going straight to the Darkling Stair after getting no response at the farmhouse.