I, Strahd Audiobook Cassette

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Hyperbog
Conspirator
Conspirator

I, Strahd Audiobook Cassette

Post by Hyperbog »

Hey everyone. If this post violates any rules let me know, and I'll be more than happy to delete this post. I recently acquired the audiobook on cassette for I, Strahd. I bought a basic tape converter from Amazon to convert the tapes to MP3's. The tape converter is not that great unfortunately, and now the old memories of tapes being tangled up and destroyed is making me a bit paranoid to attempt this. Since these tapes are incredibly rare, and would be hard to replace, is there anyone here that already converted these tapes, and if so, perhaps through private messaging, be able to share the digital files? Here's a photo showing my username, and the tapes to show that I actually own them.
Attachments
174261721_161337622543709_2519313699605235570_n.jpg
174261721_161337622543709_2519313699605235570_n.jpg (43.71 KiB) Viewed 1619 times
Catman Jim
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: I, Strahd Audiobook Cassette

Post by Catman Jim »

I wonder if those tapes were mine... I sold mine on Ebay a little while back, my user name there is Mocatman. I believe the buyer was lostkrusader69. Let me know, these only come up for sale very rarely indeed. :arijani:
I only wish I had retired sooner!
Joël of the FoS

Post by Joël of the FoS »

You should sign your stuff when you sell it :D

Hyperbog, chek your emails.
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)
Hyperbog
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Hyperbog »

Hey Catman! Your collector's guide is invaluable to us fellow Ravenloft collectors. Very much appreciated. As a matter of fact. Your guide is the reason I even know of, and have the I, Strahd Standee, TSR Gold Promo Map, and, something I was incredibly incredibly lucky to have recently purchased, the Strahd Pin. The seller had two, and they were both allegedly given to him directly by William Connors. I lost the bid for the first one, but thankfully he had a second. I've actually bid on some of your items. The Castles Forlorn Mini Box Set was the most recent, but I ended up losing the auction, and getting them elsewhere. The tapes I got from someone else, but as soon as I saw them I couldn't pass them up.

Hey Joël! EDIT: I see them now. Awesome. Thanks a lot! I very much appreciate it.
Resonant Curse
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Resonant Curse »

I would swear I have a set of these, but I can't find them. I do have a bunch of Dragonlance ones and one or two Forgotten Realms ones though.
Mephisto of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Mephisto of the FoS »

I am asking out of curiosity, does the narrator speak with a heavy "Romanian" accent?
"I am not omniscient, but I know a lot."
-Mephistopheles from Faust by Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Hyperbog
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Hyperbog »

Roddy McDowall does a pretty good job narrating. The background soundtrack is a nice touch as well. As for his Romanian accent he won't win any awards for it, but it's good enough to be passable. Maybe not to a real Romanian, but to those of us used to the Dracula-esque accent we normally associate with the character. I recommend checking it out if possible.