Castle Ravenloft or Dungeonquest

Discussing all roleplaying games
LavenderBirch
Conspirator
Conspirator

Castle Ravenloft or Dungeonquest

Post by LavenderBirch »

My friends and I are looking to start having game nights and our favorite so far has been Betrayal at House on the Hill. We all love it and really I have no complaints about it. So we are just looking for another game to change it up. I've heard about these two and was wondering which is better in most opinions. I enjoy there not really being a game master. And I would enjoy a game with more creativeness. Such as creating characters if that were possible. Also bonus brownie points for saying which edition would be better out of the Dungeonquest editions. Thanks in advance!!
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Castle Ravenloft or Dungeonquest

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

Don't know anything about Dungeonquest, but Castle Ravenloft is a lot of fun. Nothing built in for creativity, though. The extent of the "character creation" is choosing ability cards from small number of options. It's got it's share of annoying bits from a "Ravenloft purist" perspective, but if you look at it just as a board game, I can highly recommend it.
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."