New to Ravenloft? Start here!

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: New to Ravenloft? Start here!

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

Le Noir Faineant wrote:Thank you, Ron! How does this "Domains of Delight" stuff fit in with the other Ravenloft stuff, though? Is it at all related, or is it more of an "option" to place it in RL?
It's not in RL, it's in the Feywild. It's apparently a mirror of the Domains of Dread concept, but we don't know much more about it than that, I think. Just as powerful evil can create domains of dread in the Shadowfell/Ravenloft, powerful good (or powerful fey in general?) can create domains of delight in the feywild. (perhaps similar to what used to be called a Fey Demesne.) You can probably safely ignore it, unless it piques your interest.
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity

Re: New to Ravenloft? Start here!

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

Aaaaaaah. Now I get the idea - I think. Thank you!

I have been following the news on this, checked the artwork here and there, but really - couldn't make the proper connections, given that I skipped most of 4e and 5e. - Like, I recently bought the "Haven" box set by Gamelords (from 1982) on Ebay, to eventually run it with ongoing "Beyond the Wall"-campaign. :lucas: That's my gaming curriculum for the last few years. :oops: :D More out of the loop, probably impossible.

That's why I'm honestly savoring this return to Ravenloft so much. It's probably vague the same ruleset, but it's a completely different experience.