Mordent

Discussing all things Ravenloft
maraudar
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by maraudar »

Okay you have all convinced me of Mordent's usefullness within the core. Dominique, I broke out Gaz III and read it and agree that there is a whole slew of new stuff for me to play with. Course have to get rid of the evil 3.5 stuff (barbarian forever) and will incorporate it into my current campaign.

David I like the idea of Godefrey and his voyeuristic habits sneaking about the countryside. Have to spring that one on one of my more paranoid players.. :twisted:
it has the same feel as a good old slasher movie set in an haunted house. Its also the perfect place for dark cults.
I like that idea of dark cults with the hint of slasher thrown in. Have always been a big fan of those witch hunter type movies from the late sixties and early seventies, Mordent would fit in well with that feel.

Guess my real problem was that no matter what I did I couldnt bring Mordent into a role actually worth using outside published stuff or as a sanctuary land from the other Dark Lords. And that frustrated me to no end.

Ok new complaint.... Markovia is the Moreau type island isnt it? That place should be used more freqeuntly. Tales of his twisted experiments should be circulating around the seaports of the core fed by the gossiping of sailors. The one published module I have was great and entertained my players immensely.

Maraudar
Blade, fire, pistol or stake it matters not.. Even the undead can become true dead.
Gemathustra
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gemathustra »

maraudar wrote:Ok new complaint.... Markovia is the Moreau type island isnt it? That place should be used more freqeuntly. Tales of his twisted experiments should be circulating around the seaports of the core fed by the gossiping of sailors. The one published module I have was great and entertained my players immensely.

Maraudar
S mentioned how there was some Lamordians tried to colonize Markovia once, but were never heard from again.
"Arrogant mortal! You are in my world now and you will never leave this attic alive! I will destroy you, and then I will possess she whom you love the most. And there is not a single thing in the world you can do to stop me!"
*poke*
"OW!"
-Dracula
Jester of the FoS
Jester of the Dark Comedy

Post by Jester of the FoS »

Tales of twisted experiments would only spread if anyone survived to spread them. :twisted:
maraudar
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by maraudar »

Youre taking a little too much pleasure in that statement .. HMM.. Are we maybe the recruiter for that new vacation spot on the Island of Markovia? C'mon you can admit it, how much is Markov paying you 8) .

Maraudar
Blade, fire, pistol or stake it matters not.. Even the undead can become true dead.
Gemathustra
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gemathustra »

maraudar wrote:Youre taking a little too much pleasure in that statement .. HMM.. Are we maybe the recruiter for that new vacation spot on the Island of Markovia? C'mon you can admit it, how much is Markov paying you 8) .

Maraudar
He's being paid in virgins.
I'm being paid in kiwis and all the oil paint I can drink.
"Arrogant mortal! You are in my world now and you will never leave this attic alive! I will destroy you, and then I will possess she whom you love the most. And there is not a single thing in the world you can do to stop me!"
*poke*
"OW!"
-Dracula
Jester of the FoS

Post by Jester of the FoS »

I still think Markov is screwing me out of a better deal. You don't own virgins so much as rent them...
ScS of the Fraternity

Post by ScS of the Fraternity »

Hmmm... Virgins or Kiwis?

Jeez, I don't know who's getting the better deal. On the one hand, there's the virgins, but fresh fruit is so expensive these days. And oil paint? That's a touch choice.
Evil Reigns!!!!
maraudar
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by maraudar »

Be nice if we could find a way to scam all three :twisted: . Cant let the fruit go to waste. And the virgins would look good in oil paint 8) ..

Maraudar