My Maps of the Old Kartakan Inn

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Rucht Lilavivat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

My Maps of the Old Kartakan Inn

Post by Rucht Lilavivat »

So, for my Ravenloft campaign, the party has visited Kartakass. They have just checked into the Old Kartakan Inn. All of these players are Ravenloft noobs, so this is going to be fun. I made a pretty extensive map of the inn, based on some other maps of the place and the 3D diagram from Feast of Goblyns, of course.

I thought I would share it with you all. I will say - the old 3D map is gorgeous, but confusing. It really helps having a 2D representation to show the players.

Speedwagon
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: My Maps of the Old Kartakan Inn

Post by Speedwagon »

Hey Rucht, unfortunately we can't really see the images that you posted. Maybe try again? I'm sure they're really good!
Wolfglide of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Wolfglide of the Fraternity »

I can see the images. I like the overall irregular shape of the inn.

What is the intended difference between the first two images? I see that the top one has some places that are darkened in comparison to the second image.
Speedwagon
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Speedwagon »

Huh, weird. When I look at the post, I can only see "image" but not the actual image. Maybe it's a problem with my settings?
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

Speedwagon wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 2:12 pm Huh, weird. When I look at the post, I can only see "image" but not the actual image. Maybe it's a problem with my settings?
What browser are you using? I can see them fine. Try a full refresh? (shift-F5 on most browsers)
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Lord_Pruitt
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Lord_Pruitt »

Must be a browser issue - I can't see them in the Brave browser, but can in the Firefox browser ........eh, technology ......
Speedwagon
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Speedwagon »

Yeah it's probably a browser issue. I use Chrome and I can't see any images so I'll try Firefox or Edge then?
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Speedwagon wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 1:49 am Yeah it's probably a browser issue. I use Chrome and I can't see any images so I'll try Firefox or Edge then?
Strange, because I can see them in Chrome. Is your Chrome fully updated?
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Speedwagon
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Speedwagon »

Yeah my Chrome is fully updated, and so is my computer. I still can't see the images. I tried Edge and it didn't work, guess I'll have to try Firefox.
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Any chance you're behind some firewall or other blocking software that's "protecting" you from the images? :)
Joël of the FoS

Post by Joël of the FoS »

I have the same problem - I do not see it on my computer but it works on my Ipad.

One way to circumvent the problem is to quote the post with the image, copy each link url and paste it in a browser. Tadaaa!
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)