Terror Tracks

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Terror Tracks

Post by Rock of the Fraternity »

Here are some homebrewed Terror Tracks I've put up on Mistipedia.
I'd very much appreciate your opinions. ^_^

Path of the Cold One. (Not beer-related!)

Path of the Concubine.

Path of the Ermine.

Path of the Pharaoh.

Path of the Philosopher. (Natural philosopher, that is.)
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Terror Tracks

Post by Rock of the Fraternity »

Anyone...? ^_^;
KingCorn
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Terror Tracks

Post by KingCorn »

They do a certain amount of uniquness, though I feel the parts of the paths dwelve so much into that particular characters backstory they lose some portability if someone else wants to use them (then again, customization is half the fun!)

I admittedly haven't read enough of Wartorn Cluster storyline or relating stories (though I do enjoy the Chibi-lofts) to really understand all the logic behind them. Paths need certain amounts of poetic irony/justice to them (The wizard who has become cold-hearted, the other wizard who has begun to use the gods as tools as opposed to genuinly serve them, ect), though some paths don't make sense to me (Why is Mu path of the Concubine again? Cause she's asexual?) or Path of the Ermine (I understand Arcael is haughty but in truth acting like a beast, but why does that mean at the end of her path she just suddenly turns into a were-weasel?)

Overall, they're neat and have a certain amount of portability in the lower-levels of the path. Higher levels do always suffer a certain custumization problem considering they invovle the player no longer become playable and instead becoming a bbeg or a storytelling device.