Servant of Darkness / Shadow Rift

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Joël of the FoS

Servant of Darkness / Shadow Rift

Post by Joël of the FoS »

I'm leaning to go there in my campaign.

Anybody already DM'ed these?
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)
Mistmaster
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Servant of Darkness / Shadow Rift

Post by Mistmaster »

No, I use the Shadow forrest variant.
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

Always wanted to, never have. Bits of my campaign touched on the Rift. (Vir the clockwork man fell in and was repaired by a Fir, Gavin the cohort spent some time there looking for his PC Suriana when she was lost in the Mists, and Suriana met a few refugee Alven near the Rift, learning that she had their fey blood in her heritage.) I thought one day we might go through a heavily modified version of these modules (particularly because PC Leif's mother was a priestess of Belenus and I wanted to compare and contrast the Tepest Belenus worship with the Nidala version) but I don't know if we'll ever get there if/when we start up again.
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Joël of the FoS

Post by Joël of the FoS »

Oh wow, indeed, that would fit well in your campaign :)

It's sure that these adventures needs to be reworked a bit as:

- some parts are weaker

- a DM would want to incorporate his own campaign flavor to it

- but most importantly, a DM would want to add the rich 3e era flavor brought to the feys

I'll probably start a developing thread for this project, as I often did for my own campaign.

Joël
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)
Mephisto of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Mephisto of the FoS »

As I remember from reading it and from some reviews The Shadow Rift is a PC overkill adventure and probably one of the most hack and slash adventures. It needs a lot of reworking and incorporating the 3e stuff sounds like a good idea to void all these battles.
"I am not omniscient, but I know a lot."
-Mephistopheles from Faust by Johann Wolfgang von Goethe