Important Ravenloft news!

Discussing all things Ravenloft
DarkDuo
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by DarkDuo »

Mangrum wrote:So does this mean we can now release the cut material from earlier books as web extras? Such as the big chunks that couldn't fit in Gaz IV and V, or the darklords written up for Secrets of the Dread Realms?

I'd like an official answer on that one, if possible.

The best way to get an official answer would be to email iecarus@white-wolf.com (Stewart Wieck) and get it straight from the top.

Jackie
The problem with poetic justice is it doesn't know when to stop.
-- Barry Hughart, Bridge of Birds
Mangrum
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Mangrum »

Will do.
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

We are here to answer any questions you may have to the extent that we can (and we'll let you know when we don't know or can't say).

Do you know if Wizards is planning on releasing Ravenloft products?
[size=75]-Wake up... wake up and smell the ashes-[/size]
Ryan Naylor
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Kargatane dudes, so what *WAS* up with S?

Post by Ryan Naylor »

Willowhugger wrote:Since the line is ending, I was curious if anyone of the group could lay down what they thought were Azalin's ideas behind it anyway and what exactly he was up to.

I liked her story arc and figure it's not something that's gagged against (I honestly doubt there's was much officially planned at all)
Ha! Our Hero's life was planned out in meticulous detail.

But I think I'll find out what's happening before I give away the metaplot.
Willowhugger
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Willowhugger »

I look forward to when you do.

I'm a little irritated honestly.

I never thought we'd get to the Time of unparralleled Darkness at 1 year reality= 1 year of game time but now it seems like we're looming pretty damn close.
Mangrum
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Mangrum »

I'm heading off toward Gen Con tomorrow, so this is the last posting I'll be doing for a while, but I popped in to say that Stewart Wieck was very quick to respond to my query.

Unfortunately, the answer is that no, we still can't release that cut material. Lost to the ages, I'm afraid.
Willowhugger
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Willowhugger »

Ah hell, does that include S's story?

and if so, could you give your idea on how YOU would have done it?
frandelgearslip
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by frandelgearslip »

I was looking for the proper emoticon but I couldn't find ambivalent. I am not exactly surprised that it came to this. As it was I had already decided to not buy anymore products (because of poor quality) unless they ever did another gazzeter(which I doubted they would do).

The saddest thing is that I can't get worked up about it, when other things get canceled (tv shows, rpgs, comic books, other campaign worlds) it bothers me, but I can't move myself to care in this case.
Mangrum
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Mangrum »

Willowhugger wrote:Ah hell, does that include S's story?

My educated guess is that if I or the other Kargatane wanted to sit down and explain what our plans were for the rest of the series, there wouldn't be any problem with doing so.

But, like Ryan, I want to step back and see how this all shakes out before deciding on a next step.
Willowhugger
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Willowhugger »

Mangrum wrote:
Willowhugger wrote:Ah hell, does that include S's story?

My educated guess is that if I or the other Kargatane wanted to sit down and explain what our plans were for the rest of the series, there wouldn't be any problem with doing so.

But, like Ryan, I want to step back and see how this all shakes out before deciding on a next step.
Okay John.

I appreciate all you guys have done. It was my early writing experiments with the Kargatane book of souls that (combined with some other factors) that slowly got me to get the editing/experience I need to become an author and try to get involved in the Roleplaying Industry.

While we all would love to hear your "vision" for RL, I don't think it's too much to hope for that some other group might want to continue where YOU intended to go.
DarkDuo
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by DarkDuo »

Coan wrote:
We are here to answer any questions you may have to the extent that we can (and we'll let you know when we don't know or can't say).

Do you know if Wizards is planning on releasing Ravenloft products?
That information can only come from Wizards. I don't know what the answer is to that.

Jackie
The problem with poetic justice is it doesn't know when to stop.
-- Barry Hughart, Bridge of Birds
Rucht Lilavivat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Rucht Lilavivat »

I'm just glad to see that the Guide to the Mists is seeing the light of day in some form. Sure, it'll be the unedited, rough form, but all that work didn't go into the abyss. That's good to know.
midnightcat
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by midnightcat »

This is sad news. :cry: I doubt WOTC will do anything with Ravenloft after Hero's of Horror. I think WOTC said it more generic Horror and not an update to the Ravenloft setting. I have all the Ravenloft book, but iam missing two. Do you think people will be able to buy the old Ravenloft 3rd edition books?
Trevorfrost
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Trevorfrost »

Well I can't say I am surprised, its really kind of too bad cause there was so much promise for this whole era when Ravenloft started up again and the Gazetteers which finally started to define Ravenloft in ways which the fans had been clamoring for since forever...

I guess we should be happy that we got what we got (After all at least the main part of the core was detailed.) But considering the problems that have been a plague as of recent for our favorite setting, I for one am glad to see it taken out to pasture for now so that perhaps it can in the future, if we are lucky, be ressurected in a fashion that will show the setting the great respect that it deserves..
"Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven."
-John Milton, Paradise Lost
Jester of the FoS
Jester of the Dark Comedy
Jester of the Dark Comedy

Post by Jester of the FoS »

It has been mentioned the one of the current editors for Dragon is a big Ravenloft fan. Given the updates settings have seen then we can hope for some 'loft attention there.

Especially if you WRITE IN and REQUEST IT!

Don't expect new books though.