The Knife of dreams.

Books, movies, television and everything else
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

The Knife of dreams.

Post by alhoon »

Well, this book, the 11th in the Wheel of Time series certainly looks good so far. At last we'll see the end of many subplots that winded through 2000 or more pages.

Check it here
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
Dominique
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Dominique »

Ugh. Ever since the last one, I'm putting Wheel of Time books on a strictly "check out of the library before buying them" basis. When one of the five most intense and gripping scenes in the book is Perrin checking on the weevils in the grain supply, you know Robert Jordan is just phoning it in. :x
"I'd really love a cup of tea, but it would be, like, blood or death or evil or something."
~Matteo Brazi, Borcan thief, Day 3 of Bleak House
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Come on! That town was just plain cool!
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
My DMGuild work!
Jennifer
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by Jennifer »

Hi all,
mmm, After book seven the series went downhill rather rapidly. I don't even care enough anymore to read on. Too bad. I really enjoyed the first six novels.

Jennifer
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Well book 8 was the worst in the series, followed by book 10.
I enjoyed both of these books but I can understand that many people didn't.

Am I the only one here interested in the WoT line anymore? :(
My DMGuild work!
Malus Black
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Malus Black »

I'll read it, but without any great expectations - the series hasn't been good since Shadow Rising, in my opinion (and even that one was a big step down from the first three books). However, Jordan has said that he's intending to wrap it up in two or three books, so there might actually be some progress for once. And it can't be a lot worse than Crossroads of Twilight (curse Winter's Heart for getting my expectations up), so I remain cautiously optimistic.
All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream

-Edgar Allan Poe
Dark Whisper
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Dark Whisper »

Am I the only one here interested in the WoT line anymore?
No. I've read several times through the whole cycle (well, that parts avaible up to now) and I'll continue reading (and - as I know myself :roll: - buying) the rest of the cycle.

I agree that there were some very bad (to avoid saying terrible) parts - like the last book that leads less or more nowhere.

But if you think they're all bad, then you've never read the German translation. Those are terrible (that's why I switched to the English books at the beginning of book four) - and a lot more expensive, as each English book is splitt in three or four German books, each half the price of the English one...

For the next volume, I hope the best and fear the worst - which means, that I'll be about middle ground :wink:
Whisspersss in the Dark...
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Malus Black wrote: And it can't be a lot worse than Crossroads of Twilight (curse Winter's Heart for getting my expectations up), so I remain cautiously optimistic.
I Curse it too! Yet I enjoyed all the books even the CoT.
My DMGuild work!