Favorite monster from Harry Potter books

Books, movies, television and everything else
Dominique
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Dominique »

Scariest monster: Snape/Lupin shippers. And Snape/Sirius shippers. And Snape/Harry shippers. And Draco/Harry shippers. EW.

Favorite actual Harry Potter monster: Dementors, hands down. Werewolves are pretty nicely done too, though, especially the one who was just introduced in the last book and whose name I can't remember for the life of me. He's a Ravenloft villain waiting to happen . . .

EDIT: typos
"I'd really love a cup of tea, but it would be, like, blood or death or evil or something."
~Matteo Brazi, Borcan thief, Day 3 of Bleak House
Lost and Damned
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Lost and Damned »

Dominique wrote:Scariest monster: Snape/Lupin shippers. And Snape/Sirius shippers. And Snape/Harry shippers. And Draco/Harry shippers. EW.

Favorite actual Harry Potter monster: Dementors, hands down. Werewolves are pretty nicely done too, though, especially the one who was just introduced in the last book and whose name I can't remember for the life of me. He's a Ravenloft villain waiting to happen . . .

EDIT: typos
AH yes, Fenrir Greyback (sp?) a real nasty piece of work, who waits around near where children are just before a full moon, just so he can bite them and infect them....

Ravenloft is calling you, Fenrir.....
The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural...

[url=http://www.drivethrurpg.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=47_66&products_id=701&affiliate_id=6326]Support Ravenloft PDF's at Drive Thru RPGs NOW![/url]
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

What is a "shipper"? When you say Snape/Lupin etc shippers, what do you mean?
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
Catman Jim
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Catman Jim »

Lost and Damned wrote:And to bring it back on topic, I really like the Threstrals, nice winged horseys, come here horsey.....
Ahh, so you can see them too? I thought I was just seeing things again. :wink:
Brandi
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Brandi »

alhoon wrote:What is a "shipper"? When you say Snape/Lupin etc shippers, what do you mean?
"Shipper" derives from "relationship" and usually has to do with fanfic positing a romantic/sexual (mostly sexual) relationship between some pair of characters.

And frankly, the Snape shippers have had NOTHING on the Harry/Hermione ones of late-- now, if you go see a Harry Potter movie you're apparently supporting abortions in China.
Drinnik Shoehorn
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Drinnik Shoehorn »

Brandi wrote:
alhoon wrote:What is a "shipper"? When you say Snape/Lupin etc shippers, what do you mean?
"Shipper" derives from "relationship" and usually has to do with fanfic positing a romantic/sexual (mostly sexual) relationship between some pair of characters.

And frankly, the Snape shippers have had NOTHING on the Harry/Hermione ones of late-- now, if you go see a Harry Potter movie you're apparently supporting abortions in China.
Oh-Kay, we've officially left Reasonable Road and take a turn off at Insanity Street.
"Blood once flowed, a choice was made
Travel by night the smallest one bade" The Ballad of the Taverners.
The Galen Saga: 2000-2005
Charlatan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Charlatan »

Dolores Umbridge is pretty monsterous...

Not sure I have a single favorite HP monster. Dementors by default, maybe, they're nasty enough and appear a couple of times throughout the stories.

alhoon, I wouldn't refer to Lord Voldemort as a lich myself. Though there are definate similarities, there are aslo several big differences. Voldemort is still living, for example (though he was left bodiless for a time) . And his soul is in bits and pieces in multiple horcruxes, not one single phylactery, and part of his soul is still in his physical body. He is more or less inhuman enough in mind and body to be counted as a 'monster' at this point though.

...but now HP fans themsleves are getting scary.....
"One thing about livin' in Santa Carla I never could stomach... all the damn vampires."
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

I definatley have to agree that umbridge is the worst.
She was definatly the most sadistic of harrys villains, I think some of the actions she took would make voldemort shudder.
She has the whole kathy bates/misery mentality that is just awfull. I couldn't believe that the character was actually in the book after reading it.