Grand Dining Hall

Join us for our Halloween celebration
Erik Van Rijn
Lichus Extremus
Lichus Extremus

Post by Erik Van Rijn »

The wizened figure looks at Gertrude, Conrad, Buchvold and the rest slowly casting his gaze across the room. He straightens slightly standing almost entirely on his own leaning only slightly onto his cane. He looks even more gaunt and pale than before his fall but more stable on his feet.

“My brothers do not approve of my… obsessions.” The vile of his tone is apparent across the room. “They refuse my promotion and deny me my life for, in time, I most surely will die. That cannot be, so instead I have been forced to seek other assistance.”
My talk? You'll have to wait. It will be well worth it, I assure you.
Viktor Hazan
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Viktor Hazan »

"My friend!", implores Viktor, "You know we could have bought you the best healing from the Lamordian doctors"
Moral Machivelli
Rat Blinder
Rat Blinder

Post by Moral Machivelli »

"Necromency" spits Buchvold "The most Treaturaus of all the arts of magic. You will attract the Watchers with your foolisness."
Erik Van Rijn
Lichus Extremus
Lichus Extremus

Post by Erik Van Rijn »

“I am old and this…”he looks at his wrinkled and yellowed hands “...this meat would fail. Sooner or later. I had no other choice. So I have returned here and organized this party for one reason: to give my… allies… access to la Manoir de de Penombre and the secrets it contains!”
Moral Machivelli
Rat Blinder
Rat Blinder

Post by Moral Machivelli »

"So you have chosen to betray us?" snaps Buchvold "I wonder just what you seak to gain?"
Grey Arcanist
Cold Iron Supplier
Cold Iron Supplier

Post by Grey Arcanist »

"I'm sorry you felt you couldn't get the aid you needed from your Brothers, Van Rijn," Conrad replied in his most soothing voice. "Perhaps something which will satisfy your requirements may yet be arranged. Even now, you haven't completely broken your ties to the Fraternity. But please go on. Tell us from whom you have sought aid...and what sort of aid they have given you."
Last edited by Grey Arcanist on Sat Oct 29, 2005 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pamela
Sorority Shadow
Sorority Shadow

Post by Pamela »

“There will always be some who feel that rules are made to be broken,” she murmured in return to Hazan. “They mire themselves further in the material plane as if such physical excreta could advance our idealistic goals.”

“Oh sir…” she was unable to prevent a sigh at van Rijn's reply. You bloody idiot! Do you honestly think they will reward you for this?! Grant you any form of eternal life your rational mind could truly want?! Yet her whole being radiated calm, reason, and peace to the best of her ability

“We are Brothers in shadow. Look at the esteem in which you are held- how many of us have gathered to hear you speak. Why throw away such regard? What can these-“ she gestured towards the men surrounding him, “give you, besides plundered ideas? Can they further your studies? Please, sir. Take a moment. Reconsider.”

OOC: ROFL- thank god she didn’t clue into what that was about, Joel!
Last edited by Pamela on Sat Oct 29, 2005 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
His only real danger is if stupidity is contagious and lethal. In which case, we’re all dead…-Gertrude
Erik Van Rijn
Lichus Extremus
Lichus Extremus

Post by Erik Van Rijn »

Van Rijin straightens slightly, his grip on his cane slackens slightly and his voice becomes firmer. For a second he speaks as his old self, commanding and authoritative.

“My agents have been infiltrating the Fraternity and the Manoir for some time now. I supplied them with a number of tokens that would allow them to by-pass the magical security of the Manoir and carry weapons within its walls. And, over the course of the evening, they have been using magics to bewitch further guests over to my side. A full half of the guests in this room answer my commands!

“I call to you now! Reveal your true allegiances and side with me against your false brothers! Let us raze the Manoir and take what we need! I command it!
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

OOC> Time out! Please! Now, this happened a bit before. Before even Balfour was poisoned.

A moment after people move around the fallen Brother, Draxton casted a detect magic spell to check Van Rijn.

OOC> After Balfour was poisoned and the thugs start gathering

Draxton curses his luck. He rises from his seat and watches these strange men attempting to stop Skully. Incredible! Preposterous!

OOC> After Van Rijn stood up.

Draxton turns invisible. He just wishes that nobody in here knows that he has also delved in the black arts of necromancy. After all, he didn't brought back people from the dead or delved in the mysteries so that "his mortal body won't betray him" but to understand death. Nothing was wrong with that! The fraternity couldn't understand the world until they knew all of its components, and death was one of these. . .
Not to mention that the vampiric touch spell he has memorized was a very useful spell.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
Grey Arcanist
Cold Iron Supplier
Cold Iron Supplier

Post by Grey Arcanist »

"Perhaps my decision to cast Break Enchantment in this room a few moments ago was well taken," Conrad replied. "I believe everyone here was within range of my spell..."
Erik Van Rijn
Lichus Extremus
Lichus Extremus

Post by Erik Van Rijn »

OOC - Everyone please finish any posts you have. There will be a short intermission right away. Go to the lobbey, get some snacks.
Pamela
Sorority Shadow
Sorority Shadow

Post by Pamela »

Well, so much for that, Gertrude thought pragmatically. She wasn’t surprised. The old man knew there’d be no way to emerge alive from this- not without an uproar or mutiny from the lower ranks, including herself.

She moved to take Viktor’s back, assuming he was unlikely to be one of the traitors. “Well, monsieur, what do you suggest? Showdown here, or race to hold the library?”

She smiled at Conrad's remark. "Bravo, sir! Fingers crossed, then!"
His only real danger is if stupidity is contagious and lethal. In which case, we’re all dead…-Gertrude
Rotipher of the FoS
Thieving Crow
Thieving Crow

Post by Rotipher of the FoS »

And here, I'd worried that the old man's speech was going to be dull, thought Crow....

OOC: ;-)
Viktor Hazan
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Viktor Hazan »

Grey Arcanist wrote:"Perhaps my decision to cast Break Enchantment in this room a few moments ago was well taken," Conrad replied. "I believe everyone here was within range of my spell..."
"Clever", said Viktor.
Llana wrote:She moved to take Viktor’s back, assuming he was unlikely to be one of the traitors. “Well, monsieur, what do you suggest? Showdown here, or race to hold the library?”
"Be careful, one person turned invisible...", he whispered.

"They have weapons, we should arm ourselves too, I guess, otherwise this fight will be deadly if we have to get into close contact"