Anyone else watch The Batman vs. Dracula TV movie last night

Books, movies, television and everything else
Drinnik Shoehorn
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Drinnik Shoehorn »

Tessa wrote:Is there going to be a new season of Justice League Unlimited?
The last I saw of it, The JLU had just patched things up with the Gov't and Superman got vetoed on disbanning the League. I thought that was the last ep.
Have they made more? Are they making more?
ARGH!!!!
I hate being out of the loop!!!!
There was one episode after that called "Epilogue" which tied up alot of loose ends about Batman Beyond/Batman of the Future.

It explained that Terry was actually Bruce Wayne's son and that Waller had used Cadmus technology (the alien nanotech from the episode about the Atom, the one with the great Batman quote "I need air support because I can't fly. At all.") to alter McGuiness' father's sperm's genes to those of Bruce Wayne. She explained it was also the same technology the Joker used on Tim Drake to come back in the Return of the Joker.

McGuiness was just one of a number of Wayne clones and the only one that showed promise. She originally planned to have Andrea Beaumont (the Phantasm) to kill Terry's parents, but Andrea refused to do it. Ironically, Terry's father died anyway and the led McGuiness on to the path of becoming Batman.
"Blood once flowed, a choice was made
Travel by night the smallest one bade" The Ballad of the Taverners.
The Galen Saga: 2000-2005
ScS of the Fraternity

Post by ScS of the Fraternity »

No friggn' way!
Why would someone clone bruce wayne - was some obsessed fan of the Bat trying to ensure that the world would always have a Batman to protect it?
Kind of like the Boys from Brazil.
Evil Reigns!!!!
Jasper
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Jasper »

Basicly it was just that. Amanda Waller came right out and said "The world needs a batman."
And if you think about it Batman was one of the few realy powerfull non-enhanced human superheroes the DC comic world had and Cadmus was scared that eventualy there would be only the superhumans left protecting the world AKA superheroes they can't controll.
"Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don't know how to replenish it's source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of witherings, of tarnishings."
Anais Nin
Brandi
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Brandi »

Jasper wrote:Basicly it was just that. Amanda Waller came right out and said "The world needs a batman."
Maybe I'm a bit of a romantic, but the way the Wall talks about Batman I got the impression that she really admired him... and maybe even, in her way, fell in love with him. Now both Wayne and Waller have enough baggage to clog the LAX terminal, so no relationship could come out of it, but in this way she could at least take pride in being the "mother" of his child....
Drinnik Shoehorn
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Brandi wrote:
Jasper wrote:Basicly it was just that. Amanda Waller came right out and said "The world needs a batman."
Maybe I'm a bit of a romantic, but the way the Wall talks about Batman I got the impression that she really admired him... and maybe even, in her way, fell in love with him. Now both Wayne and Waller have enough baggage to clog the LAX terminal, so no relationship could come out of it, but in this way she could at least take pride in being the "mother" of his child....
She admitted that her opinion of him changed between the JL:U days and the BB days. She said that she became close to him and considered him a friend and that she admired him because of how he dealt with Ace from the Royal Flush gang.
ScS of the Fraternity

Post by ScS of the Fraternity »

Who was Amanda Waller - was she the woman in charge of the government ops against the Justice League?

In any case, I'm pretty sure they only wanted another Batman because he was the only person who was constantly plotting to kill the other superheros.
Ex: that bit of Kryptonite Wayne kept around "just in case" superman went rogue.
Evil Reigns!!!!
Drinnik Shoehorn
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

ScS of the Fraternity wrote:Who was Amanda Waller - was she the woman in charge of the government ops against the Justice League?

In any case, I'm pretty sure they only wanted another Batman because he was the only person who was constantly plotting to kill the other superheros.
Ex: that bit of Kryptonite Wayne kept around "just in case" superman went rogue.
Waller was that woman, yes.

And like it said in comic Hush, Superman gave Batman the piece of Kryptonite just in case because he knew Bruce would be the only person who'd use it if he went evil (like he did in that issue).1