Dominiani and the Nightmare Court on Gothic Earth

Discussing Masque of the Red Death
The Lesser Evil
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Dominiani and the Nightmare Court on Gothic Earth

Post by The Lesser Evil »

Hi,
Dragon 339 has a Spellcraft article that talks about Declaud Heinfroth's (aka Dominiani) mind-twisting spells and his Manual of Methods. In there it says that he has an asylum on Gothic Earth near Boston. In the article he also writes a letter to Dr. Illhousen, who in Ravenloft is known for his struggling against the Nightmare Court. One could therefore infer that the Nightmare Court is active on Gothic Earth as well. Wasn't there a member of the Nightmare Court mentioned in one of the 2E Masque products?

If Dr. Dominiani and the Nightmare Court exist in Gothic Earth, how would they be similar and be different from their counterparts in Ravenloft itself? What connections to other characters or organizations would they have?
Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

I had thought of a similar adventure concept before and would have used the Nightmare Lands in connection with I10. From my PoV, you could easily use the Nightmare Lands as they were described in the box. maybe using someone different than the dwarf from Darkon as the character who introduces the PCs into the story... :) But in general, everything should work well.