Gamer short: Fear of Girls

Books, movies, television and everything else
Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

Llana wrote:They let you near their children?! In a church?! :wink:
:D It was indeed a bit weird. - Me talking about the worth of christianity in front of the church council, dressed all black, with that laughing demon on my shirt... :Strahd: But I managed to lure them into my web... :twisted:
Pamela
Sorority Shadow
Sorority Shadow

Post by Pamela »

Oh that must have been a sight! Wish I'd been there... :lol:
His only real danger is if stupidity is contagious and lethal. In which case, we’re all dead…-Gertrude
Le Noir Faineant

Llana wrote:Oh that must have been a sight! Wish I'd been there... :lol:
:twisted: Trust me, you don't wish that... Still, it was fun, though a bit absurd...
Ivana_Boritsi
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by Ivana_Boritsi »

Well, I thought the video was hysterical. Whoever created it deserves an award. They obviously know gamers and what they are about.

If you didn't find it funny, then you might be taking yourself and the hobby just a bit too seriously.

I've always said, if you can't laugh at yourself, who can you really laugh at?
Now I know, now I can divine. The reign of man is over, and He has come....

-Guy De Maupassant
Xanthippe
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Xanthippe »

Coan wrote:Mercy? You want MERCY!? I'm Chaotic Neutral!!!!111!!one!!111!
Ail wrote:Of course I don't like to see a player say, in-character, "I'm chaotic neutral", but perhaps that is just my Ravenloft background.
I know what you mean, but in a recent session I couldn't help it... Except that it was in horror - I was so hoping that my character was chaotic evil, but (I must not be that great of a player) I just couldn't do it and ended up stealing money from another character to recompense the family of my departed flesh shield. :cry: I've come to terms with it now.

And... two thumbs up for the acting! Fantastic! :D
[size=84]"Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain." -Friedrich Schiller[/size]
Jester of the FoS
Jester of the Dark Comedy
Jester of the Dark Comedy

Post by Jester of the FoS »

One blonde joke is funny. One joke based around a blonde stereotype is funny. An entire movie making fun of blondes is bound to piss off a few fair hairs. Especially if it only plays off tired old stereotypes instead of doing something inventive.
DamienJ
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by DamienJ »

:lol: Yes, definitely that should be nominated for something. I think it should also be mandatory viewing for any neonate gamers :wink:

Undead, you're absolutely right - gaming is a form of relaxation and entertainment. Like any other entertainment (e.g. computer/console games, TV, etc...hell, I've even seen it happen to people in volunteer organizations) if it's done to excess then it needs to be calmed down. The key is being rounded.

I don't think any character there was supposed to be taken seriously. Anyways, sometimes the old jokes are the best! There's a reason they've been around for so long...
"Listen to them, children of the night! What music they make."
- Bram Stoker, [u]Dracula[/u]
Undead Cabbage
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Location: In one of Neil Gaiman's books, or at least I wish I was.

Post by Undead Cabbage »

Ok, curiousity got to the best of me.

Addicted to a volunteer organization? Alarnik...if you don't mind...how? :?:
DamienJ
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by DamienJ »

Mostly I've seen it with Boy Scouts or some church groups...when people get into a group they really like, where they feel accepted and blah blah blah, they start making everything center around that group. Not that everybody does this...just some. All they think about, everything they do, everyone they talk to, is somehow connected to this group. It's kind of sad. Said groups are supposed to help people live better lives outside the group. You know, spread the love and all that. Instead, some people only stay in the group, and never move past it. It really can twist the organization's purpose, making it introspective and only concerned for its own welfare.

Ok, I think I've gone on long enough. The main point here is sometimes people need to get out, ya know what I mean? Talk to someone who does something different from you. 8)
"Listen to them, children of the night! What music they make."
- Bram Stoker, [u]Dracula[/u]
Le Noir Faineant

Luckily, the boyz I am tutoring have become the coolest troop around... Marvellous, if one considers what geeky child of the night raised them... :twisted: