Standard monsters in Gothic Earth

Discussing Masque of the Red Death
Blake_Alexander
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Standard monsters in Gothic Earth

Post by Blake_Alexander »

I'm curious what monsters from the regular D&D game have been used in MotRD advenures and how they were used.

My very first MotRD senario involved an scientific experiment that had gone wrong resulting in the creation of a Gibbering Mouther. The experiment itself was an attempt at sharing knowledge through an solution that was transfered from one particiants cranium into anothers through a complex set of pumps and electronics. Instead of working as the doctor has anticipated it resulted in the transformation. The adventure itself was set up in the Rocky Mountains at a small chalet situationed near a mountain lake. The players fell into three varieties: The hired guns meant to hunt down the "things" that was prowling the moutnain valley, the scientist friend of the main antagonist of the story who has come at the scientists request (but whom the scientist does not share the entire truth of the origin of the Mouther), and a traveling magician who the scientist hired to keep his wife's mind off of the added security.

For this particular session, I gave the mouther a highter intelligence, and a dominant personality from among the personalities absorbed (the personality belonging to the main subject of the experiment). The mouther wanted revenge on the scientist who had created it.

This session ended with the players nearly blowing up the lab of the scientist in an attempt to kill the creature. It, however, slipped out into the waters of the lake, and has yet to be seen again. However, many of the fishermen from the squatter village of former chinese railworkers have come up missing over the months since.
ScS of the Fraternity

Post by ScS of the Fraternity »

Kwel.
Evil Reigns!!!!
Pandion
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Pandion »

Also going with the scientist theme I'm planning on using Monte Cook's Chaositech rules for mutants. Mutants created by a...mad doctor!

I'm using Baltimore as my setting so the premise of the doctor is he was not invited to join the staff of the new Johns Hopkins hospital because of certain unethical activities. Mainly corpse stealing and experiments with "bettering" the human body.

Chaositech is here:

http://www.montecook.com/cgi-bin/page.cgi?mpress_Chaos