A new world has come

The Halfling campaign
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

"Not at all old boy" Artemis says and then turns back into the centre of the room "I think we can go yes." he claps his hands "If memory serves we will be in for some cold weather heading north."
[size=75]-Wake up... wake up and smell the ashes-[/size]
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

The group slowly makes its preperations and soon has packed what few belongings and food it deems needed. Artemis looks into the stables to where he had moved the carriage earlier.

"Is everyone comfortable sharing the carriage then? It is still burned on the one side but should hold 5 inside. Otherwise we can take another wagon as Rosette suggested?"
Tadelin
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Tadelin »

Albert goes about helping move gear around as necessary. Every so often he stops to reach up to the bald spots on his head, still trying to get used to the missing hair.
One of these days, I'm going to get it right. Until then, I guess I can just keep being a fool.
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Ixevim watches the odd behavior of the strange man. Perhaps the abomination has touched him in the mind too...

OOC> Will DC 16. Detect thoughts.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Kimuriel thinks Artemis’ words and says:

“If there is another wagon, I prefer getting that. Despite our carriage doesn’t seem very much damaged from the fire, I believe that a new one will be safer.”
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

Artemis looks at the wagon.

"There isn't really enough room on it for all of us though. Can anyone else drive horsemaster? If not then perhaps we should just take a few extra horses and have a couple ride beside the caravan?"

At that the group splits up, Robert, Albert and Ixevim sit inside the caravan while Kimuriel and Rosette ride on horse back. The first days of travel are pleasent and quiet. The group's maps show no further towns or settlements until sometime after they cross the Dreadpass yet they keep a constant watch around them.
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

************ A few minutes after we started ******************

Ixevim sents Kimuriel a telepathic message. "She trusts you. I would suggest you make use of the time you'll be riding together to tell her a few things about the world of the adventurer. Perhaps showing her a few non-psionic tricks of self defence too?"
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
My DMGuild work!
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"It's not bad as idea thanks. I hope to find the time, but not during our travel, when we stop to rest. Now I'll only try to be a bit more confident with her. "

Replies Kimuriel telepathically. Then he turns to Rosette:

"I'm impressed Rosette, you ride really well for a young woman at your age. Have you ever gone away of Borca by horse?"
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
Tadelin
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Tadelin »

Albert sits in silence inside the wagon. Despite the shared experience of waking up in the basement of that inn with Robert, he seemed to have no concept of kinship with the man. As for the other person back here, Albert knew nothing. Nothing other than the man kept a close watch on him, or so it seemed.

Everyone seemed to trust the priest, so with little better to do, Albert folded his arms and closed his eyes, trying to make the best of a poor road of travel.
One of these days, I'm going to get it right. Until then, I guess I can just keep being a fool.
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Ixevim used most of the time the first few days thinking about magic and how he could combine it with his natural psionic powers.
My DMGuild work!
Tadelin
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Tadelin »

Albert looked out the window, seemingly unimpressed with the landscape.

This road is miserable. When will we be getting off it?
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

Kimuriel tries to start conversation with Rosette but she seems detached and non-comitted to recipricating.

The next few days pass slowly and is a reminder of how tedious travel is without special aid. Twice the carriage is stopped by the poor road and the group helps to clear the path.

They never see anyone else.

And in the distance the ever present mountains loom closer. Ominous and oppresive.

Eventually in the distance they see some sign that the world has not been completely taken by nature and an endless road. A stone tower rests in some nearby hills. Artemis slows the carriage and points.

"Smoke... coming from the tower. Dare we investigate?"
Robert_Pembrooke
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Robert_Pembrooke »

Coan wrote:"Smoke... coming from the tower. Dare we investigate?"
"If the smoke is a hearth, then we may share news with the people there; if it is not, then there is probably someone who needs our help."
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Ixevim replies. "Yes, I agree too. It doesn't seem dangerous"
My DMGuild work!
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

Artemis nods having expected the answer. Slowly the carriage turns towards a grass covered side road and moves onward to the tower.

It doesn't take long before they see the first ruin. They were made of a material they couldn't identify without getting closer, in the distance it seemed some kind of obsidion stone but slightly more reflective. They were sculpted in an obviously 'designed' way but what ever finished shape they once made had been lost to time.

The ruins surrounded the tower in a hectic manner for about 300 meters out or more in some directions.

Reaching the tower Artemis descends and tries the door. It is locked.

"Strange..."