Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity

Lima

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

>>>Rafee's Campaign Builder Part I<<<

Hello together,

Things are set!

I have agreed to run a GE campaign set in Souragne,

a remote island near the French Society Island.

Accompanied by Jack Sparks (!), Charles Witherspoon (!!), and Nathan Timothy (!!!),

myPCs will begin their journey in Lima, Peru...

Now, my problem is, I want to run a short introductory adventure there, and I don't know with what to start...

Any ideas? - My second problem is, the scenario should as low-fantasy as possible...

Yours,

Rafael
ScS of the Fraternity

Post by ScS of the Fraternity »

Low fantasy?

If I remember correctly, the original Masque of the Red Death boxed set described an adventure hook about hideous subterrainian albino creatures tunneling beneath Lima and devouring people - ala Tremors.

There are a couple of Pulpy ideas;

Perhaps the PCs are hired to recover the Golden McCaw - an ancient idol recently discovered at a dig, but has since been stolen. First created by a mighty civilization, the idol was stolen and hidden, thus causing the kingsdom's downfall. Archeologists found the McCaw in ruins, but were waylaid by bandits.
The only suspect is a sleasy guide and interpreter - who has already been permanentlay silenced. Somewhere in his flat is a matchbook, which takes the PCs to the Iguana, a shady nightclub and location of the real theives. The McCaw is in the posession of the nefarious gangster, The Fat Man, who believes that it will give him great power over the Andes.

The PCs might venture into the highest peaks of the Andes, to recover a missing archeological expedition. Their dig site is abandoned but shows signs of battle. That night, the party is attacked by a band of fierce thieves - armed with rifles and modern clothing, but also adorned with ancient style jewlery and piercings. They are the cult of the Condor God - an ancient society that has survived since Pizzaro conquered their land. For the crime of trespassing within the forbidden city, they will be sacrificed to their dread god - by being cast from the highest peak and splattered across the valley floor.

A series of murders and mutilations has spread fear on the streets of Lima. One of the party is even considered a suspect. Examinations shows that the slayings have been made with an obsidian dagger - though one that cuts as easily as tempered steel. The killings are made by a local professor of antiquities - who is attempting to juice up an ancient artificat with the blood of the living. Little by little he is becoming a vampire that feeds through the dagger.
Evil Reigns!!!!
Le Noir Faineant

ScS of the Fraternity wrote:Low fantasy?

If I remember correctly, the original Masque of the Red Death boxed set described an adventure hook about hideous subterrainian albino creatures tunneling beneath Lima and devouring people - ala Tremors.
:oops: Must have overread that... Was so focused on the Souragne Gaz lately...
ScS of the Fraternity wrote: A series of murders and mutilations has spread fear on the streets of Lima. One of the party is even considered a suspect. Examinations shows that the slayings have been made with an obsidian dagger - though one that cuts as easily as tempered steel. The killings are made by a local professor of antiquities - who is attempting to juice up an ancient artificat with the blood of the living. Little by little he is becoming a vampire that feeds through the dagger.
:D This is exactly what I was looking for! Thank you very much! - How do you want to appear in the adventure? - Like, Stephen the Barkeeper, the Captain, the Secret Agent... :) :wink:
ScS of the Fraternity

Post by ScS of the Fraternity »

I will accept nothing less than every single NPC, object , action and location.

Now go Steve the Steve before Steve Steves the Steve.
Evil Reigns!!!!
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Post by Nathan of the FoS »

ScS of the Fraternity wrote: Now go Steve the Steve before Steve Steves the Steve.
Malkovitch, Malkovitch Malkovitch. Malkovitch?
[b]FEAR JUSTICE.[/b] :elena:
Le Noir Faineant

With Nathan and Wiccy also *starring*, as the writers of the *Okerlund manuscript*, this will indeed become a FoS-all-stars campaign...

Maybe I should put Joel, Dion and Jason in it, too...

Now, to find something for Dr Innik Shoehorn and a certain alhoon will be slightly more difficult...

:D