Help on Hell Fire Club

Discussing Masque of the Red Death
Jakob
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Help on Hell Fire Club

Post by Jakob »

Hi to all!

Soon I'll be starting a mini Gothic Earth campaign set in London, and I was planning, in the first few sessions, to have the charachters clash with a newly-founded Hell's Fire club.

The problem is: how can I have my group (two sisters, one adept and one not yet decided :D) interested in the Club?

What I need are some story hook. possibly DIFFERENT from "girl found dead in the Thames". ;)

Thanks in advance! :)
I coloni rovinavano la foresta costruendo il capolavoro dell'uomo civilizzato: il deserto.
- Luis Sepúlveda
William Blackmoor
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by William Blackmoor »

Well, that's not really that difficult, as my players will visit the "club" as well. :)
As the former Hellfire Club of Sir Dashwood was formed by some influential people it would be logical, that the new incarnation is composed of similar people. A poltican might turn to the characters for help, he might have heard about the adept's field of expertise. He tells them, that he is blackmailed, because he visited a monks abby (the Order of St.Francis) where he took part in an "how shall i put this? Wild Party..." . That alone would be enough to blackmail him, but said event took an unexpected turn into an occult heathen ceremony (that's were the adept comes into play). He is expected to join the order and to do some favours for the order. He does not exactly know where the abby is 8he was blindfolded), but was told that the girls who attended the event were invited at (put fitting place and time here). So the sisters could arrange to be invited to the next meeting.

Another option would be to let the adept discover hints about an old occult society called the "Hellfire Club". If she decides to investigate Wescombe Abby (maybe for mystical knowledge fiiting for an adept), she and her sister might discover, that the "Hellfire Club" isn't as dead as it is supposed to be.

I found the characters from X-men's Hellfire club to great inspirations for the new members (Shaw, Madelyne Pryor the goblin queen, Emma Frost...)

There is also a map of the westcombe catacombs (one of the Wiki-links does lead to it, if i remeber correctly)
The Gem of Amara...
Official sponsor, of my killing you.
Jakob
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Jakob »

Great things there. ;)

I was thinking to have one of the sisters doing an "inside job", while the other one investigating the club from outside...

This new HF club will lead the sisters in the US (at tha Canadian border), where there is a more "esoterical" branch of it, that is trying to mingle with occultism.
I'm going to borrow many ideas from Twin Peaks, but with a more... "1890-esque" flavour.

Thank you for you advice. :)
I coloni rovinavano la foresta costruendo il capolavoro dell'uomo civilizzato: il deserto.
- Luis Sepúlveda