Constructs from "Puppet Master"?

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Hell_Born
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Constructs from "Puppet Master"?

Post by Hell_Born »

I have recently discovered the "Puppet Master" series of horror films, and I got to wondering; could the Puppets from this series be used in Ravenloft? Either as unique constructs or as Dread Doll Golems? If you think so, then please suggest how you would use them and/or how you would stat them up.
"Is there any word more meaningless than 'hope'? Besides 'blarfurgsnarg,' of course."

"Seek and Locate! Locate and Destroy! Destroy and Rejoice!"
Jasper
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Jasper »

For pure stats I would use Carrionettes from DoDarkness but in place of the normal SA's each Puppet Master Carionette would have unique powers as well as reverse of the possession power where a willing human is drained of his or her "life essance' and is injected into a lifeless doll.

Each puppet in the movies gained its powers and look due to the actions and personality of the person who gave thier life to animate the puppet so I would make each puppet the PCs encounter unique to that person.
For example:

Draven the holy was a noble paladin of Ezra who was tortured to death by Falknovian Talons. The Puppet created for his essance is in the shape of a empty set of full plate armor that glows with a white glow from within when active.

SA: Blinding glow (Ex): Every ten rounds Draven can cause his armor to low blindingly white causing anyone who looks at him to make a fort save at dc 20 or become blinded for 1d6+2 rounds. Any undead who view this light takes 2d4 points of damage in addition to the blindness.
"Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don't know how to replenish it's source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of witherings, of tarnishings."
Anais Nin
Jason of the Fraternity
Master of Illusion
Master of Illusion

Re: Constructs from "Puppet Master"?

Post by Jason of the Fraternity »

Hell_Born wrote:Could the Puppets from this series be used in Ravenloft? Either as unique constructs or as Dread Doll Golems?
Personally, I think that Jasper hit the mark with the idea of using modified Carrionettes. You could potentially create a unique construct type, but the carrionette already fits most of the criteria for what you would want. I would just add-on a few special attacks/qualities based upon the individual puppet and remove the possession ability unless you want the individual puppets to be able to swap bodies with humanoid beings (versus a Toulon-like creator infusing spirits/personalities within each puppet).

Hell_Born wrote:I have recently discovered the "Puppet Master" series of horror films
By far one of my favorite Full Moon movies, and I would even say that the series is one of my personal favorites for horror films. The later ones becoming much weaker, but there still were some good ideas and decent moments in the films.
[i]Pandemonium did not reign, it poured![/i]